Senior China Region Trading Manager
The job has expired.
The Senior China Region Trading Manager is accountable for managing and trading the digital websites for China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau to maximise sales in this priority region. This position will provide regional expertise on the market, optimising site trading, including the management of China region partners and all related operations unique to China.
Know The Role
A key part of this role is driving sales across all digital store-fronts for the Greater China region and driving regional performance by identifying region-specific trading opportunities.
You will support and steer the execution of key projects on our international roadmap and take ownership of the relationships with our key in-market partners.
This will include supporting Marketing and Events team to optimize and drive additional sales in the region and drive brand awareness.
You will analyse and report on key performance metrics for the region to identify key actions to maximise trade and provide region expertise and direction for China across Head Office and Retail to ensure teams are aligned.
- Deliver sale plans for the region
- Working with the Digital Trading, Buying and Marketing teams directly on achieving sales targets
- Work with Digital Trade team to ensure China region websites are optimised and merchandised appropriately at all times
- Work with Digital Trading and Buying teams to develop insight into China customer behaviour and product trends across all fashion areas
- Actively “work the market” to trade each category and support and direct the marketing team to generate traffic
- Analyse performance and work trade opportunities
- Review weekly and monthly performance vs. targets, formulate action plans where needed
- Use website analytics for feedback on performance to B&M and senior online managers, Including sales, visits, conversion, average order/transaction value, to optimize the customer experience
- Attend content weekly meetings to manage home and landing pages so that they represent your markets and drive sales and customer experience
- Develop and build strong relationships with all business partners to deliver KPIs
- Develop and build strong profile to represent Digital and your markets in daily working role
- Develop. Motivate and Engage team for succession planning and retention
- Work with training and development on the training needs for the team and ensure they have a training plan in place
Know What We're Looking For
We are looking for a native Chinese speaking manager with an enthusiasm for fashion and bringing insight to the Chinese customer and fashion trends.
Retail background and experience working within a fast paced, commercial awareness is essential for this role.
As an ideal candidate you have strong analytical capabilities with ability to investigate and direct sales performance. You will also have digital trade and operations experience and the ability to communicate region specific information to the wider business.
Alongside this, you are able to work well under pressure and able to work closely with senior stakeholders, influencing decisions at all levels, maintaining key relationships cross-functionally. Flexibility and openness to change is required.
About The Company
Selfridges is a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
The story began when Harry Gordon Selfridge first arrived in London from Chicago in 1906 with his heart set on opening his dream store. With his revolutionary understanding of publicity and the theatre of retail, Selfridges Oxford Street opened its doors for the first time in 1909. The founder’s spirit of innovation and creativity lives on through its owners today. Since 2003, W. Galen Weston and his family have owned and operated the business, which now includes two stores in Manchester, one in Birmingham, plus selfridges.com and the Selfridges App which both deliver to over 130 countries.
In 2016 Selfridges was the first ever store to be awarded the title of ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. For an unprecedented three consecutive occasions in a row (2010, 2012 & 2014) Selfridges also won the coveted ‘Best Department Store in the World’ award, underlining its place at the forefront of retail.