Selfridges is committed to protecting your personal information. It’s your information, and we respect that. We understand the highly confidential nature of the recruitment process and have selected a safe, confidential and secure system so that you feel comfortable storing your information with us.
2. Who we are and How to contact us
Selfridges is the data controller responsible for your personal information and is registered at the UK Information Commissioner’s Office with registration number: Z455833X. Selfridges Retail Limited (“Selfridges”) is an English company with registered company number: 4992207 and whose registered office is at 400 Oxford St, London, W1A 1AB.
3. How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect your information when you create a profile on the Selfridges Careers Hub at https://careershub.selfridges.com to register your interest in career opportunities at Selfridges. This will include any relevant information and documentation you submit as part of an application process.
4. The Types of Information We Collect
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our recruitment process.
4.1 Information we obtain directly from you
Here are some examples of information you may provide to us that we would store securely:
- Title, Name and Surname.
- Email address.
- Home address.
- Date of birth.
- Contact phone number(s) – home, work and/or mobile.
- CV and information about your career.
- If you choose to upload your Linkedin or Facebook profile in order to populate your Careers Hub profile, we will retain this data.
- Answers to your application questions and your responses to any questionnaires.
- Any analysis we do within our assessment and selection processes (such as video interviewing, behavioural analysis and psychometric profiling).
- Any supporting documents uploaded within the recruitment process.
- Interview feedback.
- Relevant notes on conversations with you.
- Answers to the Diversity questionnaire on age range, gender or ethnicity. This data will not be available at an individual level, we will only use it to do trend analysis of our processes so that we can monitor the fairness and adjust them accordingly. This information is discretionary and will not be used in the recruitment and selection process.
- Details you may provide us about your preferred working patterns or availability.
- As part of our offer of employment we will also validate and store other sensitive data such as Visa, Right to Work and for certain roles, we may also engage with 3rd parties to verify references, criminal records or undertake other specialist employment checks.
- Your IP address for login purposes. When visiting our website we collect an automatically populated IP address. An IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or other internet connected device (such as your mobile or tablet) to browse the internet. We may also record the time and date of your visit, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version.
4.2 Information we obtain from third parties:
Third party organisations may include:
- Recruitment Consultancies or Executive Search Firms. Your information may be shared with us by third parties known to you, who have applied for a role on your behalf.
- Research Companies Selfridges may use a search or research firm to find candidates for a specific role.
- Social Media. We may also check and store publicly available information from social media accounts that provide relevant work information such as LinkedIn or Facebook.
5. Ensuring your personal information is only used where lawful
In order for us to store and use your personal information, we need to comply with applicable data protection laws. The lawful reason for us to capture and store your personal information is to enable us to provide the very best recruitment services to you and our other candidates and for compliance with our other legal obligations.
6. Why We Collect Your Personal Information and How We Use It
6.1 Where we have a justifiable reason (legitimate interest) to provide the very best recruitment services:
- We capture, review, analyse and process any data you have submitted during an application process.
- We may also actively match your details to current career opportunities or those which arise in the future.
- We use that data to maintain our relationship with you and keep you up to date with news about Selfridges.
- We use your data to enable you to receive relevant vacancy alerts aligned with your interests or skill sets.
- We will use your contact details to be able to answer your enquiries.
- Supporting our research - we collect and may disclose statistical information gathered as a whole (e.g. total number of applicants and applicant origin) for internal reporting purposes and to improve the experience we offer to our global job seekers. However, we never disclose information that identifies any individual for such purposes.
6.2 Where we have your consent:
- To send you emails keeping you up to date with all the latest exciting Selfridges news.
- To send you emails setting out vacancy alerts.
7. Sharing your information
We use third-party platforms to manage and deliver some of our attraction channels, assessment and selection processes and reference checking. In providing the services, your personal information will, where applicable, be used by the service provider on our behalf.
Your information may be shared with Selfridges’ team members for the purpose of supporting you to find suitable Selfridges career opportunities, applying for Selfridges career opportunities, supporting our research relating to our recruitment activities and processing you for each job application you submit. This will also include sharing your data with members of the Selfridges group should any career opportunities advertised on the Selfridges’ Careers Hub be within our parent company, SHEL Holdings Europe Limited.
8. Business Administration and Legal Compliance
In certain circumstances, we share and/or are obliged to share your personal information for business administration and legal compliance purposes with third parties outside the Selfridges Group.
We may use your personal information in connection with a business transition (such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or a sale of all of or portion of our assets), to enforce our legal rights and or to protect the rights of third parties and it is in our legitimate interest to do so. In such instances, it will be necessary to share your personal information with external professional advisors such as lawyers and accountants, or insurers or financial institutions.
We may use your personal information for legal compliance purposes and to enforce our legal rights. In such instances, it will be necessary to share your personal information with external parties such as administrative authorities (HMRC), police and public prosecutors or to comply with a court order. It is our legal obligation to do so.
10. How long do we keep your personal information for?
We keep your personal information in line with our company retention policy. Any personal information that you have submitted when you create a profile on the Selfridges Careers Hub or as part of a recruitment process shall be kept by Selfridges for a period of 3 years.
11. Confidentiality and security of your personal information
We are committed to keeping the personal information you provide to us secure and we will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We have implemented information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access;
- improper use or disclosure;
- unauthorised modification; and
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All of our employees and data processors (i.e. those who process your personal information on our behalf, for the purposes listed above), who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of the personal information of all users of the Selfridges Careers Hub.
12. How to access your information and your other rights
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
· Your right of access.
If you ask us, we’ll confirm whether we’re processing your personal information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details). If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
· Your right to correct information. If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you’re entitled to have it corrected. If we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the changes where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
Your right to delete information.
You can delete or remove your personal information from your account at any time. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with and remove it on your behalf.
Your right to restrict information.
You can ask us to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information or you object to us processing it. However, we will continue to store your personal information. We’ll tell you before we lift any restriction. If we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the restriction where it is possible for us to do so. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
· Your right to data portability.
With effect from 25 May 2018, you have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you’ve provided us with (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
· Your right to object.
You can ask us to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so if we are:
· Relying on our own or someone else’s legitimate interests to process your personal information, except if we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing; or
· Processing your personal information for direct marketing.
· Your rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it’s based on automatic processing, including profiling, if it produces a legal effect or similarly significantly affects you, unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us.
· Your right to withdraw consent.
If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
· Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
If you have a concern about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we’ve handled your personal information, you can report it to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find details about how to do this on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.