IT Domain Architect – Digital
The Domain Architect is an expert in a specific business domain who works to ensure that business process, information and technology solutions are effectively designed and delivered to meet the business needs. They are accountable for the information systems architecture for their domain, ensuring it is aligned with the overall business / IT strategy, design principles and enterprise architecture.
The Domain Architect is responsible for defining the application and technology roadmap for their business domain, and provides input to Programme Managers and the Principle Business Analyst to guide the business roadmap. They work with each work stream to define the necessary transition and target architectures, and are accountable for ensuring that solutions defined by the Solution Architects are aligned with those transition / target architectures.
Know The Role
This role works closely with the Enterprise architect, the Programme Manager and the lead Business Analyst to understand the business’ strategic needs, how they can be supported through the effective deployment of technology, the options available and how to effectively transition to the target state. This role is also responsible for influencing key business and IT stakeholders to ensure that the right thinking and decisions are taking place to shape the architecture and roadmap for their domain.
This role manages the Solution Architects within their domain and is responsible for their line management, task assignment, mentoring and ensuring the quality of their deliverables. They work with the other Enterprise Architects to establish a community of excellence across all work-streams, defining and reinforcing best practice and establishing standards.
This role will report into the Enterprise Architect who will provide architecture governance and support whilst providing the wider business strategy in order to help drive the necessary domain architecture.
Know What We're Looking For
- Proven experience at managing complex architectures and their transition states across multiple projects.
- Extensive experience of using a structured approach such as TOGAF.
- Proven ability to plan and organise large numbers of individuals and teams from multiple organisations in order to achieve objectives and targets
- Ability to identify and communicate issues and risks in a structured way
- Strong previous experience of delivering complex projects (eg. Web re-platform, CRM integration etc) in a creative and fast paced multichannel retail environment
- Experience of managing both local and offshore third party suppliers
- Assimilates, evaluates, adapts and makes best use of new information;
- Excellent planning and organisation skills for both themselves and their team.
- Understanding of IT software preferably in retail environments and with an ecommerce focus
- Experience of networks, integration patterns and recent cloud/ecommerce technologies
- Experience of re-platforming and maintaining a major ecommerce environment with a large order volume
- Experience of app/mobile architectures
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations;
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner to non-technical stakeholders;
- Customer focused with keen attention to detail;
- Strong analysis and decision-making skills;
- Personal effectiveness, confidence and resilience, with an ability to influence colleagues at peer level as well as at more senior level
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Ability to build, develop and work as part of an effective and highly skilled team comprising both internal and multiple third party suppliers;
- Ability to lead and mentor others in a constructive and collaborative manner to provide positive, motivational and developmental feedback to others;
- Fortitude and tenacity to operate successfully in a creative and fast paced retail environment
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work