Assistant Window Designer
The job has expired.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Are you looking for a new opportunity as a Assistant Window Designer, which allows you to work closely with the Window Designer and Design Manager, and wider Windows team to design windows and creative visuals for window at Selfridges. You love constantly researching trends to make sure windows are at the forefront of design. That our customers love!
Know The Role
- Responsible for conceptual development research for schemes and contributing to concept packs briefed by design manager
- Keeping up day to day research on trends within design and fashion and new artists.
- Creating succinct and clear moodboard pages for window design ideas
- Create graphics and artwork for window vinyls as required
- Create hand sketches for design ideas when required
- Designing mood boards for presentations as required
- Works with colleagues in wider window team to ensure smooth installation of all windows including contributing design feedback within wider team meetings
- Prepared to work flexible hours when necessary during installations
- Ideally, 1 years’ experience within a design role
- Adobe software including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Mac literate
- Able to work effectively and manage databases and own storage system
- Sketching skills to communicate ideas effectively
Know What We're Looking For
- Offers up quick thinking to solve problems
- Can clearly demonstrate they have understood what is being asked of them.
- Seeks to understand the differing views of others
- Asks people what they think, winning their support and buy-in by involving them
- Actively connects with the person talking to them.
- Learns from their mistakes & applies those learns to the next task
- Establishes positive working relationships with both team and other key people
- Approaches team tasks with a positive attitude
- Awareness of and adherence to deadlines
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work