THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Do you enjoy being highly organised? Is your attention to detail next to none? Do you love the versatility of no two days being the same? Then our new role in Procurement could be for you. You’ll be joining a fast paced, proactive team of 12 sitting in our Leicester branch. Your aim will be to help support the administration and purchase of goods and services not for resale (GNFR), to specified quality and price, in a timely and efficient manner.
Know The Role
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
As our new Procurement Administrator, you will:
Supporting the delivery of 'value for money' procurement service to key internal customers across the following categories.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Business Travel administration and procedures support
- Finance systems administration and procedures support
- Team working and procurement support including site services
Procurement and Operational Support
- Administration of company wide purchasing requirements and solutions in a clear concise manner, which demonstrate the financial and operational benefits for the business
- Ensure purchases are 'on time' and within quality, specification and budgetary tolerances
- Ensure all activity complies with legal, regulatory and company standards
- Adopt, new and improved ways to fulfil company wide purchasing requirements in a positive and 'pacey manner'.
- Purchasing and systems support and housekeeping - monitor requests, queries and amendments.
- Supporting the fulfilment of peak period requirements and the swift resolution of supply chain issues
- Support key relationships with internal customers to fully understand ongoing requirements and the appropriate purchasing fulfilment route
- Provide a welcoming front of house service for Selfridges Leicester
- Provide support to internal customers for Finance system amendments, queries and assistance.
- Own customer service ' in all aspects of product/service through full life-cycle support and post procurement review
Supplier and Vendor Management
- Assist the Procurement Coordinator with supplier relationship management to ensure all vendors adhere to agreed contract terms and service level targets
- Utilisation of nominated suppliers/service providers and assist in the selection of new suppliers following an evaluation against agreed standards
- Provide administrative and general support in ensuring compliance with Health and safety regulations and Fire safety
- Assist in the continuous rationalisation and review of supply base to exploit cost reduction opportunities and improve efficiencies
Reporting and Systems Management
- Data input for continuous review of performance statistics to ensure the consistent delivery of product and/or service quality
- Maintain monthly management information for accurate forecasting and tracking of costs, consumption and savings
- Utilisation of systems and procurement tools to present purchasing solutions which fully consider implementation, delivery and full life-cycle costs
- Regular ‘housekeeping’, systems maintenance, work in progress updates, demonstrating key achievements and results
Team Working and Procurement Support
- Supporting team members to 'work as one' on procurement activity to deliver a seamless service to internal customers
- Provide support to Procurement Coordinators for essential purchasing requirements.
- Observes and adheres to departmental procedures and policies
- Pacey and positive support to the team for accurate and timely completion of administration and period end and budgetary requirements.
Know What We're Looking For
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office applications (i.e. Word, PowerPoint)
- You have strong skills in planning and organising
- Customer service and experience is at the heart of what you do
- Love being part of a collaborative, engaged team
- Excellent communication, reporting and interpersonal skills
- Can be adaptable with your workload and enjoy problem solving
- Enjoy working autonomously
- Highly numerate
About The Company
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.