Assistant Photography Manager
Are you looking for a new Assistant Photography Manager job that gives you the chance to work in a highly creative team to produce cutting-edge, inspiring digital content? Are you searching for a role that gives you the opportunity to work for a business renowned for its style, creative flair and innovative approach? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Photography as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Know The Role
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
As our new Assistant Photography Manager, you’ll help drive creative vision, implement the e-commerce strategy and maintain top quality photographic content for selfridges.com. As part of this, you will:
- Work closely with the wider Photostudio management team, Editorial and our Brand Partners to align creative goals and make sure everything is executed with consistency, and you’ll be a pivotal player in driving forward the vision for our digital platforms.
- Take ownership and get creative around testing new ways of shooting. You’ll be spending loads of time on set shooting RTW, e-commerce imagery, seasonal campaigns and managing a talented pool of photographers.
- Lead and inspire the team with a positive attitude where you’ll look to improve and implement new workflow processes to motivate and aid efficiency across the team.
- Collaborate with the Head of Art Direction and the wider creative team to discuss briefs and shoot editorials on a regular basis.
You’ll be reporting into the Photography Manager, as well as taking on your own direct reports where you’ll be responsible for making sure they’re meeting their performance objectives, whilst mentoring, supporting and facilitating their career progression where you can.
Know What We're Looking For
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- You’ll absolutely be a team player and an incredible leader who has the ability to work well under pressure and motivate the team as you go.
- You’ll be proficient in photographic processes and have a deep understanding of industry standard software packages including Capture One, Zerene Stacker and Adobe Creative Suite. It will also help if you’re a fast learner too, just in case you’re required to pick up new software with short notice!
- You’ll be a creative through-and-through, with a portfolio that demonstrates a strong editorial prowess. Your previous experience in e-commerce or editorial photography will ensure you’ve got some incredible work to show off.
- Managing direct reports is something you’ve had experience with and you’ll be a real ‘can do’ person who is always willing to go the extra mile.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a creative team who are passionate about creating first-class digital content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your excellent awareness for luxury brands in a role where you have the chance to make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you. It doesn’t just stop in the Photostudio either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About The Company
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development