Are you looking for a new Senior Retoucher role that gives you the chance to use your creativity and expertise on a daily basis across all levels of retouching? Are you searching for a role that gives you the opportunity to manage and mentor a small team and demonstrate your amazing leadership skills? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as a Retoucher as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Know The Role
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
As our new Senior Retoucher, you’ll be retouching in excess of 110 product images every day to ensure the highest quality of creative imagery for selfridges.com. As part of this, you will:
- Take on some of the more complex corrections on behalf of the team as well as getting involved with creative imagery for the website and marketing material.
- Take ownership and delegate queries where appropriate.
- Perform all aspects of image retouching including: colour correction run, failed QA retouch sweep and morning lighting tests.
- Track priorities for the department and perform regular production numbers checks.
- Monitor calibration and provide updates for retouching guidelines.
- Mentor new starters as well as support and oversee department training. You’ll also look after freelancers as part of your role.
- Work across all levels of retouching including home pages and gifs.
You’ll be reporting into the Retouching Manager as well as managing 3 Junior Retouchers as part of your role. You’ll be making sure they’re meeting their performance objectives, whilst mentoring, supporting and facilitating their career progression where you can.
Know What We're Looking For
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- You’ll be a fantastic communicator who is articulate in your delivery so you’ll know what it takes to get things done!
- You’ll take pride in being a role model to junior team members and you’ll always be a friendly face to answer questions or help with the more technical aspects of image retouching.
- You’ll be proactive with bags of initiative and you’ll be confident in learning new processes and software. Being a stickler for time will work in your favour too as you’ll need to be able to work as efficiently as possible.
- Having a logical mind-set when making decisions will be a huge advantage and you’ll be able to explain your thinking to others with ease.
- You’ll have had previous experience in a pressured environment and know how to thrive under pressure. You’ll also enjoy exceeding daily targets where possible with a real ‘can do’ attitude.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a creative team who are incredibly passionate about what they do. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you. It doesn’t just stop in the Photostudio either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’