Customer Relations Consultant-Fixed Term (6 months)
Know The Role
This role is based on multi-sites including Ipswich and London.
To represent the Brand as a final point of escalation in complex complaint scenarios and offer an impeccable customer experience, whilst demonstrating sound understanding of Brand commerciality, through solid decision making, flawless written and telephone communication and, on occasion, face to face correspondence with our customer.
Acts as support for store Management teams and the rest of the Customer Service Centre, liaising with Team Leaders, to facilitate first time resolution outcomes for customer complaints, and supports the Customer Relations Manager in reviewing policy and procedures to ensure that Selfridges response to customer complaints is stand-out in the market.
Strives to provide a VIP customer experience through their various interactions and delivers a positive outcome from a negative situation, with rapid turnaround. Where a desired customer outcome cannot be reached, liaises with our Legal team to deliver a sound final response to customer. Feeds back to Manager ways in which the customer experience can be improved. Delivers results through an excellent network of contacts of all levels throughout the business.
Know What We're Looking For
- Previous copy writing experience is desired
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is essential
- Exceptional experience dealing with serious complaints in a online and retail environment
- Strong relationship builder – must be confident in seeking out internal links and networking with appropriate departments/ individuals
- Empathetic by nature – must be able to build rapport with customers in the most challenging of situations, resulting in a turnaround of opinion towards Brand
- Proven problem solving skills – as the final point of escalation in extreme complaint situations, must be able to think on feet and deliver both a customer and Brand-friendly resolution
- Superb eye for detail and creative approach to problem solving – reiterating Selfridges position as an experiential Brand and delivering resolutions in keeping with this