Organisational Design Lead
Reporting to the Head of Change, you will work with pivotal stakeholders across the business to facilitate the alignment of strategy, structure, skills and systems to optimise organisational effectiveness and deliver strategic priorities. This leadership role is a key contributor to the realisation of Selfridges’ transformation agenda.
This is a role with a broad remit, partnering across our business to assess the current organisation in the context of our strategy and lead the creation and delivery of a future state for people capability and organisational structure.
Know The Role
- Lead all aspects of organisational design, making sure proposed design enables Selfridges to be: highly effective; efficient; competitive and deliver business priorities (projects).
- Working with the Head of Change, the HR Director and HR Business Partner community, lead, own and embed organisational design interventions to improve the organisational shape and size.
- Provide specialist support to business leaders and HRBP's in defining the best target operating model and organisational design, leveraging existing job banding and architectural framework to ensure Selfridges is optimised for performance and effectiveness, with appropriate spans and layers.
- Ongoing evolution of smarter/agile working.
- Leverage analysis and modelling to inform future decisions, targets and KPIs, drawing on internal and external benchmarks to identify trends and opportunities for performance improvement.
Know What We're Looking For
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills with ability to build good working relationships with team members at all levels, including C-Suite.
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing organisational development and change management strategies in complex organisations. Acknowledged across the business as an expert in OD.
- Up-to-date knowledge of change management and organisational development tools and practice.
- Experience of analysing data, identifying issues and trends and interpreting results for recommendation.
- Ability to work at strategic and tactical levels; managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Clear project/process management experience, strong analytical skills (ability to leverage data, draw out insights and model alternative outcomes) and the confidence to engage and challenge senior leaders in conversations about the future of their teams.
- Depth of understanding of business strategy and commercial drivers to shape appropriate organisational interventions.
- Evidence of strong skills in leading others through change, building commitment and managing complexity and uncertainty.
- The skill to be collaborative and inclusive, able to work effectively with colleagues from across the business to enable collective success.
- Experience of similar work within the retail sector (desirable).
- MCIPD qualification (desirable).
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work