Hair and Makeup Stylist
The job has expired.
Know The Role
- Oversee and execute hair and make-up styles across all fashion sets within the studio on a daily basis, preparing teams for sign off from the styling management team.
- Demonstrate strong technical and creative skills across hair and makeup and an understanding of forward thinking ways of working.
- Have knowledge of current hair and makeup trends, interpreting and executing styles in line with the Selfridges Creative vision.
- Collate seasonal trend packs, drawing inspiration from a variety of fashion media to influence ideas, and set seasonal hair and make-up styles for the Selfridges sensibilities, helping the Selfridges imagery to remain fresh and forward-thinking.
- Mentor a team including grooming and junior Hair Stylists, cascading knowledge, sharing a wide variety of styling and make-up techniques, aiding progress and development team members.
- Maintain and encourage a positive ‘can do’ atmosphere in the studios, which is conducive to high production levels and excellent quality of work.
- Hold morning briefs with Hair and Make-up team, setting and assigning styles and goals for the day.
- Develop and cascade excellent knowledge of the Selfridges Style Guides in order to maintain visual quality and consistency across all images taken for the website.
- Collaborate on a daily basis with Art Director, Photographer, Shoot Lead, Stylist and Stylist Assistant to produce imagery in line with the Selfridges style guides.
- Working with Assistant Online Styling Manager on the update of Selfridges Hair style guides.
- Maintain efficiencies within the studios and be a point of contact for Hair and Make-up queries.
- Responsible for briefing and leading freelance team members daily on best practice.
- Work with peers to implement changes in order to improve studio efficiencies and shoot imagery.
- Able to troubleshoot and show initiative through a back catalogue of knowledge.
- Attention to detail is crucial, maintaining a very high quality of imagery across the board is essential.
- Own the studio Hair and make-up consumables, ensuring required equipment and product is always on hand and maintained.
- Maintain a tidy and workable area, ensuring at the end of the day it is clear and ready for the following days shoot.
- Work efficiently and develop cross departmental relationships.
- Lead and inspire, living the Selfridges values.
Know What We're Looking For
This role requires a person with excellent hair styling and make-up techniques, and a very strong creative visual focus, as well as possessing strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- hair styling and make-up experience
- Salon and session experience with a strong creative portfolio
- BTEC National Diploma Hair Level 2 with a strong product knowledge
- Good communication skills and able to give and take direction
- Strong fashion and trend knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisation skills, with a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude
- Confident in decision making.
- Manual handling
- Good time management and ability to work to tight deadlines