Group Graphic Designer
The Selfridges Group is comprised of Brown Thomas & Arnotts in Ireland, Holt Renfrew in Canada, Selfridges & Co in the UK, and de Bijenkorf in the Netherlands, all of which are successful department stores in their own right. Although part of an overarching group structure, the business has purposefully sought to maintain the individuality of each brand and as such they all have a distinct positioning, in keeping with their local market and the customers that they serve.
The Selfridges Group Support Functions is a team of around 30 people whose purpose is to support the businesses in though leadership, cross-group project management, reporting and governance.
Our culture is a dynamic and fast-paced one, and those with a pro-active mindset, strong communication skills and an international perspective will find Selfridges Group an exciting, challenging and fulfilling organisation in which to work.
This role works across Selfridges Group to deliver high quality graphics collateral in line with business need. It works directly with the Deputy Chairman and other senior stakeholders to respond to their need for graphic design materials including presentations, project packs and consistent brand application across print and digital materials. Selfridges Group has recently rebranded and as such, the role requires someone who will be custodian of the brand style guide and support the broader Selfridges Group team in the use of templates, brand elements and best practice visual communication. A large component of this role involves working in PowerPoint.
Know The Role
- Work directly with the Deputy Chairman to bring to life her vision for various Group initiatives and projects.
- maintain Selfridges Group branded materials (brand style guide, logos, templates, image libraries etc) to ensure a consistent and engaging visual representation of the brand and associated materials
- Produce, both independently and in collaboration with non-designers, corporate communication materials including PowerPoint presentations, project documentation, online emails, and business dashboards
- Manage and prioritise multiple projects and deliverables and communicate with project stakeholders including providing rationales for design decisions
- Ad hoc support of the Selfridges & Co Multimedia Creative team on discrete projects.
Know What We're Looking For
- Mid-level design role, with demonstrable experience of stakeholder management
- Excellent proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite & Microsoft office tools
- Proficiency in designing in Microsoft PowerPoint
- The ability to work autonomously and drive progress in ambiguous situations
- Communication and stakeholder management skills
- Proven organisational ability & ability to prioritise work to tight timescales, managing expectations about deliverables.
- Methodical with excellent attention to accuracy & detail
- Infographics experience desirable