Data Protection Manager
The job has expired.
Selfridges is a social centre where everyone is welcome. We surprise, amaze and amuse our customers everyday by doing the unexpected, celebrating those special moments and inspiring one another. We are the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience unrivalled with products and services ranging from high street to high end.
The Data Protection Manager (DPM) is responsible for the day to day management of the data protection function.
You will have a good working knowledge of data protection and support the Data Protection Officer (DPO) managing the majority of operational activities, including:
- Capturing data protection risks / issues from different areas of the business
- Attending governance forums
- Updating data protection policies and standards
The DPM may also serve as interim Data Protection Officer if the DPO is unavailable.
Know The Role
Based in our Wigmore Street offices you’ll provide a unique and tailored service in data protection to customers internally and externally, going beyond the ordinary to create memorable interactions and deliver. Our customers expect extraordinary service delivered by people with a genuine passion for what they do and to share their unparalleled level of knowledge whilst taking enormous pride in maintaining our exceptionally high standards.
Working in Legal you’ll share your knowledge through unique Selfridges stories.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
Strategy and Framework
- To support the design, implementation and on going management of data protection and its component parts
- To deputize as the Data Protection Officer (DPO) and liaise with management, staff, and third parties on Data Governance and information security
Governance, committees and forums
- Help to co-ordinate (and attend) data protection-specific forums and other risk/compliance forums
- Develop reports and maintain data in support of this function
Policy and standards
- Create & manage policies, consents, customer facing notices, documents and tools
- Update and disseminate policy changes and documents as needed
- Track compliance with policies and standards to maintain Selfridges internal and external SLAs
Training and Awareness
- To support the ongoing development of training and awareness materials and content
- To assist in the development and delivery of training across Selfridges
- Monitor legislative changes that impact data protection
Regulatory and breach
- To assist with the timely management and investigation of any data related breaches
- To record all risks, breaches, and potential issues across the business in various trackers – meeting specific SLA and regulatory timeframes
Advice and guidance
- To ensure that subject access requests (SAR) and other data privacy rights are met in accordance with procedures and agreed deadlines for customer and team members
- Support the DPO by acting as the first point of contact for data protection issues within Selfridges
- Provide contract and commercial advice within Selfridges – particular with new initiatives, projects and activities and often at short notice. This could include contractual drafting, input to Quality Gate papers
Know What We're Looking For
Your passion and confidence will set you apart and while consulting with the wider business, you’ll take real pride in delivering a personalised and professional service.
Our ideal candidates will hold the following skills:
- Highly developed IT skills
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn, research and engage with a wide range of Data Governance and Information Security subject matters
- Good attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Good project management skills and ability to construct and apply a structured way of working
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of colleagues, including in the wider organisation and external stakeholders
- Ability to explain complex topics in non-technical language
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to manage a diverse workload, and balance conflicting priorities
- Well placed sense of judgement with absolute discretion and confidentiality
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work