Assistant Digital Operations Manager
Selfridges is a social centre where everyone is welcome. We surprise, amaze and amuse our customers everyday by doing the unexpected, celebrating those special moments and inspiring one another. We are the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience unrivalled with products and services ranging from high street to high end.
This role will ensure that the relationships between the ecommerce platform, the business data (product, customer & order) and the service elements are integrated and operationally efficient. A robust, stable and commercially viable website together with a seamless customer journey is the key measure of success.
Know The Role
Based in our Wigmore Street Offices you’ll provide a unique and tailored service in Digital Operations to customers internally and externally, going beyond the ordinary to create moments that cannot be experienced elsewhere. Our customers expect extraordinary service delivered by people with a genuine passion for what they do and to share their unparalleled level of knowledge whilst taking enormous pride in maintaining our exceptionally high standards.
Working in Digital you’ll share your knowledge through unique Selfridges stories.
Key Responsibilities for this role include:
- Responsible for documenting all of the Operational processes existing and new
- Responsible for ensuring all Training/How to guides are up to date
- Maintain web data integrity (inventory, price, product, images) daily checks of the website
- General web quality assurance and performance
- Provide out of hours cover and ensure continuity of service and process
- Responsible for the planning, testing and implementation of mobile/desktop and App releases and upgrades
- Point of contact on FredHopper queries and escalations
- Responsible for all communciatins on planned maintenances and releases
- Manage the Customer Experience and Operations Budget. Raising POs and ensuring invoices are paid on time.
- Manage small development changes and Digital Operations board. From gathering requirements to testing including estimations for budgeting purpose.
- Manage the daily prioritisation of bugs and issues with OAS Team
- Raising and managing issues or enhancements with 3rd party support whilst building relationships and encouraging collaborations.
- Updating the order statuses using the 24 hour report on a daily basis.
Know What We're Looking For
Your passion and confidence will set you apart. While consulting with the wider customer team including Operations, UX, Trading, Marketing and Production you’ll take real pride in delivering a personalised and professional service.
Our Ideal candidate will hold the following skills:
- A sound knowledge of internet retail (operator or consumer)
- Excellent documentation skills
- Issue resolution management at both technical and business levels
- MS Office experience, competent Excel user
- Some exposure to data integration across distributed systems
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- An understanding of product and order life-cycle concepts in e-Fulfilment
- Understanding of the core retail principles
- Creation of reporting from multiple systems / data-sources
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and SQL
- General understanding of file transfer formats
- General understanding of web platforms
- Ability to work in a collaborative and flexible way within a diverse team, including technical and business users, internal and external suppliers
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to logically analyse complex scenarios Commitment to service, completing tasks and to meeting challenging deadlines
- A passion for the online customer journey
- A positive ‘can do’ approach to tasks and issues
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy regarding quality of own work and presentation is essential.
- Organised with ability to multi-task, prioritise, work quickly and to tight deadlines.
- Self-starter - able to independently run and prioritise your own workload daily and be accountable for owning and delivering work to completion
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work