Junior Art Director
The job has expired.
As our Junior Art Director you will deliver the Selfridges creative vision, through on-set art direction and image composition of all luxury e-commerce fashion imagery across Womenswear and Menswear.Reporting to our Art Director you will understand and maintain best practices, not only to achieve high quality imagery according to Selfridges style guides but also to maintain efficiencies on set.
Know The Role
- Play the lead role for on-set art direction of pre-allocated luxury fashion products, whilst collaborating with Photographer, Stylist and shoot lead on set for image selection.
- Possess excellent knowledge of the Selfridges Womenswear and Menswear Style Guides in order to maintain visual quality and consistency across all images taken for the website.
- Draw inspiration from a variety of fashion media to elevate the look and feel of posing and image composition, helping the Selfridges website remain fresh and forward thinking.
- Ability to make quick decisions for image composition and selection.
- Ability to direct quick changes to posing whilst keeping model and crew energised.
- Calibrate with the Production team for new freelance talent and artist bookings.
- Collaborate with Castings team to cast models according to Creative Direction.
- To maintain understanding of Womenswear and Menswear trends and utilise this knowledge on a daily basis to art direct on set.
- Excellent brand and competitor knowledge across Womenswear and Menswear, ranging from High Street to Super Brands, and everything in between.
- To maintain and encourage a positive ‘can do’ atmosphere in the Photostudio to maintain productivity and an excellent quality of work.
- Ability to art direct across both Womenswear and Menswear sets
- Practice a clear set policy ensuring the set is presented professionally at all times
- Develop cross departmental relationships.
- Lead and inspire, living the Selfridges values.
Know What We're Looking For
This role requires a person with strong communication skills, excellent brand and trend knowledge and a very strong creative visual focus.
- Indepth experience in Art Direction/Creative Fashion Styling
- Strong ability to be vocal on set for directing models, selecting imagery and leading the art direction
- Previous experience in a fast paced photographic production environment
- Strong fashion, brand and competitor knowledge
- Luxury Ecommerce experience is desirable
- Excellent attention to detail
- Pro-active and flexible ‘can do’ attitude
- Good time management within a busy and pressured environment
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work