Senior Events Manager
The job has expired.
Selfridges is a social centre where everyone is welcome. We surprise, amaze and amuse our customers everyday by doing the unexpected, celebrating those special moments and inspiring one another. We are the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience unrivalled with products and services ranging from high street to high end.
This is a multifaceted role that touches all areas of the business, you will work with teams across the business to keep everyone up to speed with multiple, large scale projects, negotiating with suppliers to get the best deals and keeping a close eye on the budget every step of the way.
This role is a senior role in the Selfridges Event team and you will be a key player when communicating on events with our Leadership team and gathering feedback and learnings to ensure we are always market leading.
Know The Role
- To curate and deliver market leading events across all our stores with two main responsibilities being Christmas and Internal events, which supports our driving force ‘to deliver the unique Selfridges Spirit to customers and team members’. To be the go to person for events internally.
- Curate and deliver complex event programmes to support our creative schemes across London including Christmas
- Develop a strong event strategy for Selfridges Christmas & Internal events and support the team in curating and delivering the events instore.
- Create a clear communication strategy to increase ticket numbers and sales to our events year on year ensuring all key stakeholders are aligned on the objectives
- Curate a clear customer contact strategy for all events / promotions utilising Selfridges owned Channels as well paid channels
- Utilising your strong leadership skills to develop and mentor brands to evolve their event proposals to ensure they reflect the Selfridges vision and are market leading
- Develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of creative disciplines including audio, lighting, print design and production
- Providing production and technical expertise on all new proposals and supporting the junior team and sharing knowledge
- Host large steering meetings for large scale projects and communicate effectively across the business with all project stake-holders, customer, communications, creative, buying, finance and legal and up to Exec level
- Ensure that all financial and legal paperwork is properly drawn up and processed and works across the event programmes
- Ensure regular team regroups to ensure focus is maintained on the project and the team are geared up to deliver scope of project with specific set timeframes
- Manage and plan work streams for junior members of the team with regards tasks on your project
- Presenting work to Directors regularly on full project updates for your stores
Know What We're Looking For
A seasoned senior project manager / exec producer with plenty of creative flair, you’ll work on a programme of exclusive, market leading events set to surprise, amaze and amuse our customers throughout the year. Responsible for Managing and implementing events and multifaceted projects, projects will-include large scale production Christmas events in unique locations to creating exciting internal events for our team members. You will have a keen eye for detail, quality management, production experience, and a leader in technical event management. You will have excellent network of creative contacts from arts to music to leaders in experiential tech setups.
You will work end to end on projects from concept, production, customer profiling to delivery.
- High level Project Management / Senior Producer experience
- Experience leading a team within a creative orientated event agency at a Senior Producer role / exec producer level
- Strong organisational skills, being able to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Creative flair and a commitment to quality programming
- Possess strong financial acumen
- Exceptionally good networker and people manager
- Highly effective negotiating skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation, pitching skills
- Possess effective leadership and mentoring skills
- Has the ability to work under pressure calmly and effectively, and to tight deadlines
- Current knowledge of the relevant legislation, regulations, and associated procedures, including, data protection, public liability and how to comply with regulatory requirements for licenses
- Strong knowledge of the requirements of the relevant health and safety legislation and procedures
- Person Specification
- 7 -10 years proven experience in being a Senior producer in experiences, with evidence of successful programme and project management and delivery in a retail environment
- Innovation and creativity in events management
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work