Stylist Assistant - Digital
- To assist the Stylist’s in all areas of the Online Studio process.
- Work with Stylists, Online Styling Manager and Online Assistant Styling Manager to continually strive to improve not only the quality of the images being shot, but also the productivity and efficiency within the studio.
- Take direction from the Production Manager- Stills to style Still’s and mannequin shoots when required.
- To maintain and encourage a positive ‘can do’ atmosphere in the studios which is conducive to high production levels and excellent quality of work.
- To ensure excellent knowledge of the Selfridges Style Guides in order to maintain visual quality and consistency across all images taken for the website.
- Responsible for prepping all product to shoot on set each day including; steaming garments, de-tagging and re-tagging of products, dressing models where necessary and making sure the products are moving through the studios systematically and product is not damaged or misplacing, returning and collecting shoe picks.
- Responsible for briefing freelancers who come in on the Stylist Assistant role and ensuring they follow procedure.
- Ensuring consistency of processes and imagery as well as output of each set.
- Continually work with the Stylists to come up with any styling improvements that can be made within the studio, which could improve the images or the shoot efficiencies.
- Making sure products are handled with care throughout the entire studio process and in line with Stock on Loan.
- Good brand and competitor knowledge.
- Ensuring Styling operations are continuously updated and maintained (steamers, dry clean, consumables etc.)
- Work closely and maintain good relationships with studio team, including photographers, freelancers and product handling team.
- Build relationships with sales associates in order to ensure best possible styling picks.
- General studio assisting (castings etc.)
- Lead and inspire, living the Selfridges values.
Know The Role
This role requires a person with a good mix of organisational skills and attention to detail while also having thorough brand knowledge and a strong Creative eye.
- Good communication skills and able to take direction well
- Attention to detail
- Good knowledge of designers, brands, trends and competitor knowledge
- Strong organisation skills, with a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude
- Good time management within a busy and pressured environment
- Takes initiative
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work