Group People Manager
The job has expired.
The Selfridges Group team works across Selfridges Group subsidiaries: Selfridges & Co in the UK, Brown Thomas & Arnotts in Ireland, de Bijenkorf in the Netherlands and Holt Renfrew in Canada.The Group People team is a strategic department within Selfridges Group.
The team is responsible for leading large-scale People projects at the Group level, working in close collaboration with our subsidiary businesses. The key to our success is in delivering projects which are directly value-adding to the businesses, as well as providing strategic thought leadership and guidance.
The Group People Manager is a key position within the Group People Team. They are Business Partner to the Selfridges Group Support Functions (a small population of around 30 people). They are responsible for the employee life cycle and support the people plan for this group. They also autonomously run group-wide projects, many of which have a high profile and touch many stakeholders. They are involved in all areas of People project management from stakeholder engagement to design and delivery, ensuring projects are managed and rolled out according to agreed timescales.
Know The Role
- Driving engagement in the Group Support Functions, leading a cross-functional Working Group responsible for creating a positive workplace environment.
- Oversight of the employee life-cycle, including the talent management process and performance review process.
- Managing recruitment processes for roles in the Group team up to Senior Manager, from sourcing and interviewing to coordinating subsequent assessment rounds.
KEY PROJECTS INCLUDE:
- Engagement Survey – day-to-day running of the project and roll-out to 20,000 employees, coordinating a team of 5 project leads from across the businesses.
- Continuous Listening - Review providers in order to develop a “continuous listening” approach to employee engagement. Review and recommend a supplier, supporting the businesses with their continuous listening strategies through to launch.
- The role supports the Executive Leadership Programme, developing materials and workshops designed for our senior Executives.
- The role supports other talent programmes and is integrally involved in development of new strategic initiatives.
- The projects within the team are constantly evolving, therefore the People Manager would need to be flexible to taking on projects as required.
Know What We're Looking For
- 5 years of experience in either generalist HR or specialist talent or learning roles especially with a bias towards employee engagement
- Project Management of large-scale projects, preferably across multiple geographies
- Experience of survey projects and methodology
- Ambition and drive to succeed, taking accountability for delivery of results
- Ability to set high standards which exceed expectations
- Positive attitude and a passion for people development
- Enthusiasm for and appreciation of the Retail sector
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work