Selfridges is a social centre where everyone is welcome. We surprise, amaze and amuse our customers everyday by doing the unexpected, celebrating those special moments and inspiring one another. We are the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience unrivalled with products and services ranging from high street to high end.
The product Stylist will help implement and interpret the Selfridges creative vision through the styling of the Online Product imagery cut out shots. Understanding and maintaining best practices, not only to achieve very high standards of styling and imagery but also to maintain agreed efficiencies within the studios. You will work with Stylists, Online Styling Manager and Online Assistant Styling Manager to continually strive to improve not only the quality of the images being shot, but also the productivity and efficiency within the studio.
Know The Role
Based in our Photostudio in our Oxford Street offices, you’ll play a key role in helping our online customers shop with confidence. Our customers expect extraordinary service delivered by people with a genuine passion for what they do whilst taking enormous pride in maintaining our exceptionally high standards.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Complete daily mannequin product styling on set, in line with the Selfridges Style Guides.
- To ensure excellent knowledge of the Selfridges Style Guides in order to maintain visual quality and consistency across all images taken for the website.
- Ensuring consistency of processes and imagery as well as output of each set.
- Obtain a wide variety of product styling techniques across Menswear and Womenswear.
- Research of ways to wear and brand identities and styling techniques.
- Meeting daily production targets whilst maintaining high levels of styling.
- Attention to detail is crucial when styling products, maintaining a very high quality of imagery across the board is essential.
- Continually work with the Stylists to come up with any styling improvements that can be made within the studio, which could improve the images or the shoot efficiencies.
- Work with the Stylist Assistants to ensure all product is prepped for the shoot within the agreed timelines.
- To maintain efficiencies in the studios and ensure Senior Stylists and Styling. Management receives scheduled updates on what is happening in the studios.
- Making sure products are handled with care throughout the entire studio process and in line with Stock on Loan.
- Responsible for briefing freelancers who come in on the daily Best Practices for the Product Stylist role, ensuring consistency of processes and imagery as well as output of each studio.
- Able to troubleshoot, show initiative, and have the confidence to make decisions where necessary.
- Ensuring Styling operations are continuously updated and maintained (steamers, dry clean, consumables etc.)
- Maintain a tidy and workable set, ensuring at the end of the day it is clear of all products and ready for the following days shoot.
- Work closely and maintain good relationships with studio team, including photographers, freelancers and product handling team.
Know What We're Looking For
Your passion and confidence will set you apart. While working with the Photostudio teams, you’ll take real pride in delivering a professional service. Bringing your personality to the experience you will always look to genuinely connect with your customers while thinking creatively to bring your ideas to life. As well as having the ability to work well as part of a team, you’ll be willing to embrace opportunities to build your skills in order to offer quality and reassurance to all of our internal and external customers.
- The candidate should have experience styling luxury product on mannequin, flat and creatively
- A strong Creative eye
- Team player
- Good communication skills and able to take direction well
- Attention to detail
- Good knowledge of designers, brands, trends and competitor knowledge
- Strong organisation skills, with a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude
- Good time management within a busy and pressured environment
- Takes initiative
- Works efficiently
- Able to develop cross departmental relationships
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work