Visual Merchandising Manager, Home and Food
The job has expired.
Selfridges today is more than just the sum of its products - it's a shopping experience that promises to surprise, amaze and amuse its customers by delivering extraordinary customer experiences. Our people are central to us achieving this.
Know The Role
Covering volume to luxury in all their areas, this role owns relationships with partners across the business, as well as brands, contractors & suppliers. They will ensure great working practices within this fast paced and often challenging environment.
Managing a team
- Understands the disciplines required to effectively & efficiently deliver best practice in managing a team
- Holding weekly team meetings, holding regular floor walks, briefing their team & then checking that Brief has been done, ensuring time is spent with each team member on a regular basis
Managing internal relationships & communications
- A good communicator, who understands the need to build relationships & maintain consistently good communication with their key partners & stakeholders in their area.
- Has the ability to listen
- Has the ability to pitch to their audience (can communicate in different ways to different people.
Excellent Project management
- Understanding a brief & developing that brief into a practical solution, that is deliverable both within budget & timeframe
- Knows how to plan a project from concept to delivery, whilst managing and delivering the day to day
- Can consistently deliver clear, thorough & prompt communications
- Understands budget constraints
Excellent product handling
- Knows how to handle product on fixtures to its best advantage, ie to look as good as it can on specific fixtures
- Can present product to suit different needs, eg luxury & volume (towels & bedlinen to cupcakes) in a Selfridges way
Great prop & VM kit handling & dressing
- Proven track record working with different styles of VM kit
- Can deliver different styles of dressing & styling
- Can style to suit a scheme
Good understanding of product/brand adjacencies, fixturing layout & customer flow
- Knows what works across a generic mat, which brands sit better next to each other
- Needs an understanding of the brands personality to deliver this to the expected level.
Being part of a team
- Being a good team member, meaning the ability to take direction & be flexible in their ways of working
- Consistently attends meetings, feedbacks to their line manager, updates their line manager regularly & consistently.
- Communicates well upwards & downwards
Know What We're Looking For
- Ideally a creative/arts qualification
- or a VM qualification
- Previous experience managing a team, working with a diversity of brands & products, plus has driven high sales & volume businesses.
- Great commercial focus balanced with creative understanding.
- Proven experience in the field of VM
- Role models our people values
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work