Retail Sales Associate Women's Designer Galleries
Know The Role
We are looking for a Mandarin Speaking Sales Associate to join our fabulous Team on Designer Galleries as a part-time team member.
Know What We're Looking For
KEY SKILLS AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Deliver an extraordinary experience for all customers
- Meet sales & customer targets
- Be curious to identify customer needs and consistently meet these expectations and use spontaneity to offer an experience above and beyond
- Handle customer complaints effectively yet compassionately knowing when to refer them to an appropriate member of the Management Team
- Share expert knowledge of women’s designer Gallery products such as high end fashion brands and share passion of other areas within Selfridges to customers and colleagues
- Conduct refunds and exchange helping the customer to find another suitable item/product if necessary or alternatively offer our online services
- Expand knowledge of customers by using the Customer Relations Management system (CRM)
- Conduct mail orders ensuring item/products gets to the customer in the most efficient way
- Make, tell and share stories
- Work as part of a supportive team alongside Sales Associates, Consultants, Brand Specialists and Managers
- Take an active responsibility to welcome and on board new team members
- Immerse in the Selfridges Communities and Networks
- Embrace and embed Selfridges values on a daily basis
- Confidently communicate with the team openly and with clarity
- Take responsibility for tasks that may go beyond the role expectation
- Lead and inspire others and self in order to develop skills
- Proactively develop excellent Women’s Designer Brands product knowledge by following trends and being aware of competitors
- Show passion and enthusiasm about Designer Gallery products and services available
- Inspire customers with creativity throughout the sale or experience
- Follow stock loss procedures and be vigilant to the risk of the business
- Offer and show respect in the environment within the store
- Take pride in ensuring the standards are adhered to every day, e.g. cleaning, tidying
- Replenish stock ensuring that all items/products are out on the shop floor
- Work collaboratively with VM to ensure merchandise is put in size order and guarantee displays look appealing to customers
- Check SKU tickets and ensure all items are tagged
- Follow health and safety procedures and security procedures
- Take responsibility for reporting issues to facilities management and security when appropriate and identify
About The Company
THE SELFRIDGES STORY
Selfridges is a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
The story began when Harry Gordon Selfridge first arrived in London from Chicago in 1906 with his heart set on opening his dream store. With his revolutionary understanding of publicity and the theatre of retail, Selfridges Oxford Street opened its doors for the first time in 1909.
The founder’s spirit of innovation and creativity lives on through its owners today. Since 2003, W. Galen Weston and his family have owned and operated the business, which now includes two stores in Manchester, one in Birmingham, plus selfridges.com and the Selfridges App which both deliver to over 130 countries.
In 2016 Selfridges was the first ever store to be awarded the title of ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. For an unprecedented three consecutive occasions in a row (2010, 2012 & 2014) Selfridges also won the coveted ‘Best Department Store in the World’ award, underlining its place at the forefront of retail.
CAREERS AT SELFRIDGES
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to achieving this. Team members across our business maintain our vision through the values we live day-to-day and the unique Selfridges spirit we bring to every project.
Just as we create an extraordinary experience for our customers, we are dedicated to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work. Being part of the Selfridges community offers many opportunities and unique experiences. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
Here at Selfridges we have 5 values which are the core of everything we do. They are the way we do things, they are actions not words, our moral code and guide how we behave. They are what holds us together and gives us authenticity and integrity.
WE OWN CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
WE TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AND DELIVER
WE SHARE OUR KNOWLEDGE
WE LEAD AND INSPIRE
WE SHOW RESPECT