Christmas Mews, Bar Assistant
The job has expired.
A bit about the role
Our premium bars and restaurants are places in which our customers will be able to sit back, relax and watch the world go by. Whether they are stopping in for a quick coffee break or dining in for an extraordinary culinary experience our customers expect the best. With a range of menus our bar teams deliver impeccable service every time. As part of this team you will engage with customers and create a luxurious experience where our customers can enjoy a choice of the latest trend setting cocktails, fine wines, a glass of champagne, or one of a range of specially selected craft beers.
Our restaurants are open 7 days a week and you will be required to work weekends and late nights as part of a team rota however working within a retail store, more sociable hours can be expected. Our founder, Harry Gordon Selfridge, famously expressed that ‘a department store should be a social centre, not merely a place for shopping,’ and this could not be truer for Selfridges today.
A bit about you
- As one of our bartenders, you’ll be great with people, a natural conversationalist and will love sharing your passion for cocktails with our customers and colleagues alike
- You’ll have experience from a similar environment such as a high-end hotel bar, restaurant or private members club
- You’ll be well versed in the art of cocktail making and mixology, having built a solid reputation for flair, innovation and sophistication
- You’ll have genuine passion for this role, with a natural curiosity to discover and explore more about how to improve your services and to share with others (we are all about sharing our knowledge here!)
- A positive, can-do attitude is what we love here, and you’ll always be prepared to go above and beyond
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development