Oracle IT Procurement Manager (FTC)
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your procurement management skills and expertise? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in procurement, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
Selfridges requires an experienced Oracle IT Procurement professional with technical competence along with a proven track record of managing large complex Oracle agreements or with similar major IT software and service providers, knowledge of Oracle agreements will be a distinct advantage.
The Procurement Manager will have the base level technical knowledge of Oracle contracts, products and services to develop sound commercial solutions which support the IT category plans. Whilst building and maintaining strong relationships with customers the Procurement Manager will deliver solutions with real/demonstrable cost savings, enhanced service, and mitigation of risks to meet the requirements of the business and deliver against value targets.
The Procurement manager will be required to review complex IT contracts for the differing models for Software, Hardware and services and negotiate secure best value outcomes for Selfridges. Recording and maintaining accurate records and reporting are also key requirements of this role. Reporting to the IT Procurement Category Manager the Oracle Procurement Manager will have the IT & Procurement technical competency to develop, draft, and deliver RFx’s, Benchmarking, and formal Supplier Relationship/performance management activities as required.
As a Oracle IT Procurement Manager you will:
- Support the Design, Development and implementation of the Oracle IT Procurement strategy to meet the requirements of the business, this must align with the overall Procurement Strategy, Facilitating the formulation of a Procurement Centre of Excellence (CoE)
- Support the creation and delivery of suitable IT Procurement strategies and targets for Software, Hardware and services solutions
- Implement procurement processes and policies by conducting tendering, contract management, spend analytics and supplier performance management.
- Responsible for engagement and IT specific commercial advice with required Selfridges functions for category projects to ensure that contracts have suitable commercial models, legal cover and protection, meet the requirements of the business and are set up to deliver expected value
- Identification, implementation and reporting of cost-saving and waste-reduction opportunities, including managing demand to identify cost actions
- Support complex senior level negotiations and implement appropriate tactics to achieve a favourable outcome
- Commission, execute and deliver, high level procurement projects to agreed timelines and objectives
- Responsible for conducting and leading regular reviews of IT commercial models all types within the category through market testing, benchmarking, rationalisation and aggregation opportunities
- To provide procurement project advice for Selfridges as may be required
- Support the IT Category Manager and wider Procurement function with Supplier Relationship Management activities as required
- Identify and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to meet business needs
- Agree formal engagement plans for projects key stakeholders to ensure engagement is maintained
- Ensure that the projects are meeting the timelines and targets agreed with the business
- Provide a single point of contact for customers on projects
- Training and educating customers on the procurement process and policy to increase and maintain adoption
- Support the Category Manager in managing the workload to deliver against deadlines
- Encouraging and motivate team members to 'work as one' on procurement activity, to deliver a seamless service to internal customers
- Encouraging adherence of departmental and company procurement procedures and policies
- Effectively manage the relationship with the Finance team on budgets, cost saving, consumption and spend reduction targets/reports
A bit about you
- Technical competency and a proven track record of delivery in Procurement management in the IT category preferably managing Oracle contracts in retail or a similar fast paced service environment. experience to cover all commercial aspects of IT (Software, Hardware, Services)
- Strong stakeholder management
- Experienced people manager
- Strong influencer
- Effective supplier performance manager
- Senior level negotiator and good technical understanding of IT contracts with program and project management experience
- Proven success of management of Oracle products and services or with an IT supplier of similar size and complexity
- Excellent negotiator
- Deep understanding of best practice Procurement
- Good technical understanding of IT and IT commercial and contractual models
- Knowledge of Supplier Relationship Management best practice
- Essential deep knowledge of Microsoft MS Excel and other MS Office applications (i.e. Word, PowerPoint)
- Creating and managing complex tender and benchmarking exercises
- Able to create appropriate commercial models to suit requirements
- Experienced in interpretation of contracts and clauses, in depth understanding of Contracts with IT category specific knowledge
- Degree level education or CIPS an advantage
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Ability to effectively influence and manage internal and external senior leaders
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good communication, reporting and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Excellent record keeping and reporting
- Planning and organising skills
- Customer service skills
- Coaching skills
- Highly team oriented
- Problem solving and an ability to focus on multiple projects
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development