Internal Communication Manager
The job has expired.
A bit about the role
As the Internal Communications Manager you will be a business partner to our Oxford Street store in London, bringing our purpose and vision to reinvent retail to life for all team members. You will lead and support on key projects, events and activities to drive engagement and business performance.
As the Internal Communications Manager, you will:
- Work with the Director of Internal Communications to set the strategic direction for corporate and operational internal communications and people engagement
- Work closely with the Oxford Street store leadership team in creating and delivering innovative communications campaigns that drive engagement around the Selfridges Strategy
- Work closely with our creative and events teams, at both a strategic and tactical level, on the delivery of internal events and activations that bring the Selfridges Strategy to life
- Partner with senior leaders and key stakeholders, offering best practice communications guidance and support
- Business partner with HR on people-related projects and planning, including developing the communication capability of line managers
- Provide continual feedback and measurement to track progress against clear objectives and milestones
A bit about you
- Exceptional track record in internal communications, working with high profile organisations
- Experience of managing internal communications in a change environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across a variety of functional areas
- Experience of working across a broad range of media and channels, with a deep knowledge of how emerging technologies can drive engagement and business performance
- A brilliant writer, with sound editorial judgement. Able to write and edit copy at speed, with attention to detail and the ability to distil complex messages into an easily understood narrative
- Organised, with strong project management and planning skills
- Experience of internal event planning and delivery with high profile brands
- A decisive leadership style, with the ability to positively contribute to a creative, high performing, results focused internal communications team
- A strategic mind set, with a hands-on approach
- Ability to develop strong, positive working relationships at all levels
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Previous line management experience would be an advantage
- Ability to plan and deliver innovative internal communications campaigns and events that reflect the creativity of the Selfridges brand
- A credible advisor to senior stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to clearly explain the objectives of communication plans with passion and conviction
- Excellent influencing skills, able to build positive, strong relationships and convince stakeholders of recommended approaches and conclusions
- Ability to persuade, using logic and commercial reasoning
- Lead by positive example, with the ability to maintain high levels of performance and self-control under pressure or adversity
- Resourceful and imaginative, with a high level of logical thinking and problem solving
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development