Shoot Lead (Digital Operator)
This job has been closed.
Are you looking for a role that gives you the chance to work in a highly creative team and take ownership of the digital operations of a dynamic and fast paced e-commerce studio? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As a Shoot Lead, you will be responsible for the Digital Operations of our busy photography department. Reporting into the Photography Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for supporting and helping drive the creative style that is unique to Selfridges. You will be responsible for ensuring that the daily targets are achieved in what is a rapidly growing area within the luxury online retail experience. It is imperative that you live and work by the Selfridges values, which encourages team members to share and collaborate ideas, inspiring one another whilst maintaining the up most respect for each other.
As a Shoot Lead you will:
- Take ownership of the digital operation of your set
- Be responsible for all file management and our digital assets. This includes creating the day’s sessions, accessing the day’s shoot list, file naming, ensuring all product is shot as well as backing up asset for the day.
- Create contact sheets when required.
- Support the Photographer and Art Director on set to select, crop, tag and process the best imagery.
- Have a high level of understanding of luxury brands.
- Be able to prioritise work in accordance of level of importance.
- Have a good understanding of the Selfridges digital voice.
A bit about you
- Experienced. You will have previously worked as a Digital Operator.
- Have knowledge of Canon cameras and are competent with the following software packages, including Phase One - Capture One Pro 11, Adobe acrobat, Adobe Photoshop CC and Microsoft Office.
- Be both MAC and PC proficient.
- Experienced with both strobe and continuous lighting in a studio environment.
- Ability to diagnose and fix technical issues on set.
- Passionate about photography.
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development