Associate Digital Analyst
This job has been closed.
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of Data Analysis to take Data Analytics at Selfridges to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our Digital Analytics Team to help our digital teams report and analyse the performance of Selfridges.com. Using Google analytics (Web Analytics), Contentsquare (Customer Journey Analytics) and our Order Database (SQL) you will be able to build a complete picture of the behaviour and actions of our websites visitors and make recommendations back to the business to enable and inform business decisions.
As an Associate Digital Analyst, you will:
- Contribute to the production of Regular reporting packs.
- Monitor site performance and proactively call out changes in behaviour and issues for investigation
- Enable the wider business to use Digital data through training, user access set up and general support
- Aid in the creation of Dashboards and Automated reports for the business to self serve
- Support the Product and Trade teams in insight deep dives to drive the website development road map.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert in Digital Analytics and the tools that we use.
- Be able to tell a story with data and make complex data easy to understand.
- Work with the Senior Digital Analytics Manager to create a data-driven culture, educate stakeholders and ensure data is both accessible and engaging. You will drive and champion the use of data within the wider business.
- Work with the wider Analytics Team to ensure we’re setup for success and are able to answer the most important business questions. For example, working with the Implementation Analyst to ensure our tagging is set up correctly.
- Work with the IT development team to ensure all reporting is supported and maintained.
- Shadow other Members of The Digital Analytics team and supporting one another as required
A bit about you
- Strong understanding of business principals and numerical skills
- Operational Research or mathematic background
- A passion for Data and problem solving
- An interest in the changing digital landscape and digital business.
- Data manipulation skills using Excel and similar tools
- Good understanding of commercial decision making and sales driving
- Experience in Presenting and communicating complicated stories
- Experience of using Web Analytics tools
- Understanding of Databases and SQL queries
- Experience in developing internal key metrics reporting and scorecards based on internal stakeholder requirements
- Experience of working in a retail environment
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy regarding quality of own work and presentation is essential.
- Organised with ability to multi-task, prioritise, work quickly and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative and flexible way
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources.
- High level of personal energy to drive projects to completion and sustain productivity
- Ability to present structured arguments in resolution of problems in a highly creative environment.
- Commercially minded and experience in interpreting data into meaningful information
- Ability to consider analytics from a real customer perspective
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development