Services Advisor (30 Hours) Exchange
This job has been closed.
Selfridges offers an unrivalled shopping experience. Whatever it is our customers are looking for, it’ll be up to you to ensure they enjoy an exceptional level of service that keeps them coming back for more.
As the Services Advisor, you will do more than just offer a luxury shopping experience. You will provide a bespoke service to customers from all over the world. Our products are exceptional, and so is the service that accompanies them. As a member of the Store Support team, and a subject matter expert of all things Selfridges, you will provide the first opportunity to deliver the best service to clients at Selfridges.
A bit about the role
You will be accountable for giving our customers a first-class experience by delivering an impeccable level of service to all customers getting in touch with Selfridges, whether that is serving a customer directly or directing them to the necessary Department to find their perfect product. You will exceed customers’ expectations with great communication skills and building customer relationships while role-modelling the Selfridges Values. You will always need to have up to date and solid knowledge of our products and services for the benefit of our customer all whilst maintaining our high store standards. You’ll take pride in what you do and really care about providing an exceptional customer experience.
As a Services Advisor, you will:
• Positively interact with potential and existing clients. Answering queries and providing guidance on our services, enabling customers to choose the most suitable option for them, whether that’s directing them to a Brand Partner or scheduling a Stylist appointment
• Continue to deliver our unique service by maintaining customer care. Responding to client enquiries, booking, and following up on client queries
• Work confidently and collaboratively with various departments, from the personal shopping team, to the various departments and divisions, you strive to deliver exceptional service and standards
• Stay ahead of the latest trends by taking every opportunity to expand your product knowledge, and being aware of competitor activity
• Engage clearly, confidently and professionally with all customers, team members and managers
• Handle customer complaints effectively yet compassionately knowing when to refer them to an appropriate member of the management team
• Go over and above to exceed customer expectations at every opportunity, taking the initiative to provide additional services when appropriate
• Provide feedback from customers to the wider team to ensure increased service levels
A bit about you
How you’ll do it... You will be:
• Collaborative. Supporting the wider Personal Shopping team, you will help to deliver exceptional service to our customers seeking a unique experience
• A proud shopkeeper. You understand there are various elements of your role. From maintaining a clean and tidy environment, helping with cashing up and supporting the wider team when needed, you will be flexible in your role
• Detail orientated. You notice even the smallest details to ensure an excellent experience and luxury environment for our customers
• Well Informed. You will develop excellent product knowledge by following trends and being aware of our competitor’s activity, along with taking part in supplier training
• A great communicator. You will adapt your style and service to suit customer needs and preference. Genuinely connecting with your customers while guiding them on the services and support that best suit their needs
• Known to be a sales and service expert. You’ll use these skills to deliver the extraordinary each and every time and take the initiative to provide additional services where appropriate
• A problem solver. You’ll go above and beyond to resolve issues for our customers and be able to adapt your approach to each individual customer
• Flexible. Responsive to business needs, you are happy and comfortable to take responsibility for tasks that may go beyond the role expectation
• An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
This guide represents a summary of the role, however all team members are expected to be flexible in the work they undertake, which may change from time to time, according to the needs of the business
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development