Senior UX/UI Designer
The job has expired.
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of UX/UI Design to take Digital at Selfridges to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
We are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer who will bring with them expert knowledge in UX & Design best practices, principles and methodologies. You will need to be and innovative and creative thinker, able to manage multiple projects at a time, leading the design team by example producing extraordinary digital experiences.
As a Senior UX/UK Designer, you will:
- Have expert understanding of UX & Design best practices, principles & methodologies, which you will regular share with the team.
- Support the UX Lead by recommending new ways of working that will improve team efficiencies and enable team member growth.
- Produce and be accountable for the delivery of high-quality design collateral & documentation.
- Have a strong understanding of the latest technologies and agile methodologies.
- Have leadership qualities, supporting the UX lead to inspire and develop all members of the UX team.
- Be a strong mentor, coaching the junior members of the UX team, sharing both your knowledge and supporting them to deliver high quality design deliverables.
- Understand the wider strategy, supporting the UX lead and management team to implement consistent design thinking across the entirety of our product roadmap.
- Lead the end to end delivery on all of your projects, from discovery all the way through to development delivery, working with key stakeholders all throughout the process.
- Present your ideas back to both the UX team and wider business.
- Proactively troubleshoot user experience issue on our digital platforms and support the UX Lead in defining where they sit with the wider strategic objectives.
- Lead production of sktches, wireframes, prototypes and user flows etc… setting the standard and guiding principles.
A bit about you
- Extensive experience within a similar role/capacity
- Passionate about and champion a customer centric approach, utilising the latest techniques and methodologies.
- You have will have a strong understanding of omni-channel experience design.
- You will have a strong understanding of user research and testing approaches allowing you to work closely with our in house UX Researcher to deliver a strong test & learn programme.
- You will have strong experience in leading and facilitating discovery workshops.
- You will have the ability to understand and synthesise multiple inputs from stakeholders into a cohesive design approach
- You will be proficient in the latest design and prototyping software’s, such as Sketch & Axure.
- Able to comfortably challenge across the digital team and the wider business.
- Proactive and have a can-do attitude.
- Proactively seek challenges & learning opportunities.
- Have a good awareness of our trade and creative campaigns.
- Have a passion for learning, and ensure to keep up with the latest digital trends and best practices.
- You will live the Selfridges values.
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development