Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and take our store spaces to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As a Design Coordinator, you will support the business and Store design team with plans and guidelines, using CAD. You will manage brand churn projects with Project Manager to ensure leading edge and sustainable design solutions, and ensure the effective communication with our buyers and brand partners by providing timely updates throughout our project process. You will support the Store Design/ Property Team, and Buying Team in all Retail Planning and Design related matters to deliver best in class solutions for all stores by:
- Ensuring the effective Design Coordination of projects through the entire design, development and delivery process
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of digital drawing data (CAD) for all Selfridges’ sites
- Supporting business critical functions through store planning e.g. space allocation, hoarding plans, license plans
- Assisting the Senior and Design Manager in preparation for Design related meetings and/or presentations to the Board/Executive and Directors
As a Design Coordinator, you will:
- Manage collation and production of compartment/department design guidelines.
- Cad support with business critical store planning processes e.g. store survey updates, space allocation, license plans, hoarding plans etc..
- Manage the archive of all drawings (‘as builts’ - updated by the property team) to provide retrievable database for Selfridges’ property portfolio
- Co-ordinate and liaise with other key contacts eg M&E project, Facilities, Project Management Office
- Assist in production of presentations
- Conduct brand briefings as required with the support of the Project Manager and Buyer
- Manage the approval of brand shopfit projects (churn) through concept and detailed design stages:
- Ensuring projects adhere to Selfridges’ Masterplan and Store & sustainable guidelines
- Liaise with brands throughout concept, detail, and design phases through to project completion
- Ensure timely and sufficient design information is passed to Project Manager and internal teams for the delivery phase drawing management
- Work closely with the project management and internal teams to ensure design integrity is maintained at each stage of the design and delivery process
- Participate in post-project reviews and design analysis
- Manage the evolution and communication of key Selfridges’ design specifications – eg cash desk and fitting room templates
- Ensure designs meet or exceed defined quality standards and compliance with requirements of legislation and/or external authorities
- Ensure internal design approvals and be aware budgets to support project at every stage
- Encourage design innovation and creativity through research trips
- Maintain communication plan for the design stage of projects
- Liaise with and inform the internal Property Department, Retail Operations Department, B & M Department, Visual Merchandise Department, as well as external brand design teams
- Encourage and promote an understanding of the Selfridges brand values amongst external consultants
- Work effectively with Design Manager and Design Coordinators to maintain a coordinated team with clear focus
- Support retail planning function with capacity studies, fixture evaluation, and supporting on the writing of a Selfridges retail brief.
A bit about you
- In depth knowledge of Autocad, Adobe creative suite Indesign & Photoshop and Microsoft office suite
- Other design related packages an advantage: CAFM, sketchup
- Innovative and highly commercial design approach – able to develop and implement new ideas in cost effective ways
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Time management
- Good interpersonal, communitcation and relationship skills
- Resilience and ability to work under pressure on many diverse projects
- Knowledge of technical aspects of construction practice, joinery and practical site experience
- Tenacity and Focus
- Self Motivated but Team Oriented
- Positive and Optimistic but Realistic
- Disciplined but Flexible
- Solution focused and creative thinker
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development