Brand Marketing Manager
This job has been closed.
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to use your knowledge of the Brand Marketing to take Marketing to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As Brand Marketing Manager you will manage the development and implementation of the Selfridges brand marketing activity through a customer lens, to amplify our core brand messaging and deliver against the business’s objectives to grow awareness, engagement, intent, new and repeat customers and revenue.
As Brand Marketing Manager you will:
- Develop the Selfridges brand marketing strategy, ensuring key stakeholders across Customer Marketing, Insight, Stores, Digital, International, Communications, Creative and Buying teams understand the plans and objectives
- Manage the planning and execution of key brand and store marketing campaigns targeting new customer acquisition, increased frequency of visit and purchase during key calendar moments – such as SALE events, CCE, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, setting clear budgets, objectives, targets and measures of success
- Manage the budget accordingly to ensure an always on Selfridges brand presence across our communications mix, working with Finance partners to ensure budget is maximised and efficient. Provide regular forecasting and reforecasting as needed
- Partner closely with the relevant Customer Marketing, CRM, Communications, PR, Social, Retail, Digital and Creative teams to plan, integrate and align delivery of brand, store and service marketing activity in line with company calendar
- Update the wider business on performance of brand marketing campaigns and activations, informing Retail, Digital, Creative and Editorial teams of best practice, key wins and lessons learned.
- Work with Creative and Communications teams to ensure the content reinforces the Selfridges brand messaging, to build brand equity, drawing on our core values and positioning Selfridges as a unique, world class destination that stands for a sustainable future and is inclusive for all.
- Amplify the Selfridges voice to grow awareness and expand reach to new target audiences and customers
- Partner with the CRM and Insight teams to develop better customer insight and customer KPI measurement/tracking activity for customer segments to ensure the best targeting is selected for each campaign
- With agency partners, develop and share optimised channel and media plans
- Manage the amplification of the Selfridges sustainability voice, ensuring this is consistent in the always on branding
- Monitor the marketplace, competitor marketing activity and keep the wider business informed of key competitor marketing innovations, industry initiatives and key developments in the marketing and media landscape.
A bit about you
- A breadth of experience in brand and digital marketing, ideally gained from a large multi-channel retail business in the premium/luxury sector
- Strong knowledge of media landscape for premium customer segments
- Experienced in working across broad cross-functional stakeholder groups to turn strategy into actionable marketing plans.
- Strong in execution and delivery orientation - able to plan, manage and adapt multiple projects at the same time.
- Expert in the full marketing mix – able to plan and execute campaigns across both traditional and digital media, using an integrated combination of paid search, affiliate and influencer channels, digital display media, relevant local social media, events and animations etc.
- Experienced in measuring delivery of marketing plans against customer KPIs.
- Excellent in numeracy and analytical skills and ability to synthesize large amounts of data and information into concise recommendations and action for the company.
- Collaborative, open and transparent – able to navigate the organisation and to be comfortable with ambiguity.
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development