Finance Manager for Supply Chain Investments
The job has expired.
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of supply chain investments and commercial insight to take our Finace Team at Selfridges to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
- Own business case for Project Washington seeing through to sign off, including 10-15 year growth forecasts for business across physical and digital channels
- Liaising with key internal and external stakeholders relating to Project Washington to ensure most up to date information is within business case assumptions
- Taking ownership of all relevant Supply Chain Investment projects, providing key financial analysis and challenge to drive sustainable growth for the business
- Immediately flag any risks or concerns regarding assumptions in business cases or risks to financial forecasts regarding costs of ongoing projects to Senior Finance Manager.
- Complete month end reviews for relevant projects project managers and ensure all actuals/commitment are captured – ideally thorough correct and accurate PO process, but with manual capital accruals as needed.
- Produce relevant financial reporting each month and follow through regarding narrative. This includes project spend to date, expected forecast versus approved investment signed off, plus additional narrative on status/timescales/other.
- Drive the post investment appraisal reporting at the relevant stage post go live, feeding into the Director of Finance the relevant analysis for the relevant forum.
- Support business leads in preparing detailed budgets for projects and engage with budget holders as appropriate, to review performance and provide challenge.
- Provide ad hoc support and financial analysis for wider Digital Operations as appropriate.
A bit about you
- Have a recognised accountancy qualification
- Experience of accounting for projects across both capex and opex
- A high standard of accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Highly organised and efficient
- Ability to work under pressure; manage a diverse and competing workload and to ensure that deadlines are met
- Commercially aware with the ability to appreciate impact of decisions on the financials
- Excellent communication/ interpersonal and influencing skills
- PC skills (excel/ word/ powerpoint)
- Flexible and able to work in a changeable, dynamic environment
- Proactive – responsible for management of own priorities
- Gravitas – personality to deal with and challenge senior stakeholders
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development