Sales Manager, Home & Kids - Birmingham
A bit about the role
As a Sales Manager, you will be responsible for maximising the profitability of the division now and in the future, achieving excellent customer service and retail standards through team performance. Pro-active in driving and developing future business, and influencing decisions, you will identify opportunities and risks using external market trends and competitor insights. Part of the senior retail leadership team, you will not only lead, develop and inspire your division, but also the wider store. Championing initiatives across services, operations and wellbeing.
As the Sales Manager you will:
- Drive all sales opportunities, constantly seeking to improve productivity while managing all costs within budget, maximising stock availability and improving merchandising standards
- Lead and inspire a skilled management team to sustain high performing teams through coaching and development, taking action when appropriate
- Collaborate with senior leadership to action the company vision, ensuring effective implementation of initiatives
- Challenge and develop operational efficiencies across the division and the store
- Monitor divisional sales and profit, delivering appropriate action, including stock loss and markdown / wastage plan
- Ensure that key business messages are cascaded effectively to all members of the team both own bought and concession
- Plan effectively for key trading events (e.g. sale, new season) and ensure implementation
- Be responsible for concession relationships. From supporting the achievement of sales plans, to highlighting risks and opportunities
- Ensure that the Division is fully compliant at all times with trading standards legislation, health & safety legislation and security standards
A bit about you
- Commercially astute. You are responsive to customer needs as well as market and competitor trends. Taking opportunities to improve performance by creating and owning a clear plan to deliver results
- A great communicator. Friendly and confident in your manner you excel in the relationships you build with customers, team members, stakeholders and concessions
- Engaging with the ability to influence multiple stakeholders across various functions in order to drive change
- Naturally pragmatic and solutions orientated. You are calm under pressure and can give clear guidance
- A natural leader. Coaching team members to drive performance and enable change as well as supporting development
- A team player. Bringing ideas and sharing best practice with the senior management team, whilst supporting others as appropriate
- Collaborative. Working flexibly as part of the management team you will support in projects and cross functional meetings as appropriate
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
Sales - Total OB and concession sales (LY and Plan), profit and cash sales margin
Stock loss – Cash and percentage to sales, audit compliance
Service – NPS score and data capture
People – Absence, turnover, engagement and pulse surveys, as well as productivity, UPT, ATV, SPH
Payroll – Cash and percentage to sales
This guide represents a summary of the role, however all team members are expected to be flexible in the work they undertake, which may change from time to time, according to the needs of the business
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development