Digital Web Analyst
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to use your Data Analysis skills to take Digital Analytics at Selfridges to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our Digital Analytics Team to analyse the effect of changes to the customer journey throughout our digital business. Using web analytics and SQL, you will drive change by providing analysis, recommendations and reporting about funnel and feature performance to drive trading and development changes to our digital channels
As a Digital Web Analyst, you will:
- Be an expert at data storytelling to ensure people can consume the wealth of valuable data we have available.
- Document, trend and monitor the site funnels to identify areas of opportunity and focus.
- Work with Digital product owners to use Analytics to show opportunity’s for development, support business cases and measure the results of development work.
- Communicate & Collaborate with the business in test creation and sharing of results
- Translating business questions and requirements in to engaging and digestible analysis. You’ll need to be able to think about data from multiple perspectives; customer, channel, operational and commercial.
- Deliver training and workshops to help stakeholders learn to self-serve or better use and understand data available.
- Work with the Head of Analytics to create a data-driven culture, educate stakeholders and ensure data is both accessible and engaging. You will drive and champion the use of data within the wider business.
- Work with the wider Analytics Team to ensure we’re setup for success and are able to answer the most important business questions. For example, working with the Implementation Analyst to ensure our tagging is set up correctly.
- Work with the IT development team to ensure all reporting is supported and maintained.
A bit about you
- Currently in a similar role or have experience in a similar capacity
- Thorough, demonstrable knowledge of site analytics tools & A/B Testing Tools (Maxymiser & Google Analytics would be an advantage)
- Advanced data manipulation skills using Excel and similar tools
- Experience in analysing large datasets
- Good understanding of commercial decision making and sales driving
- Experience of working in a retail environment
- Experience in Presenting and communicating to the Business
- Understanding of Databases and SQL queries
- Understanding of HTML
- Experience in developing internal key metrics reporting and scorecards based on internal stakeholder requirements
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy regarding quality of own work and presentation is essential.
- Organised with ability to multi-task, prioritise, work quickly and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative and flexible way
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources.
- Solid experience in online retail analytics
- Working knowledge of sales and margin reporting process and data management tools.
- Technical experience of analytical tracking, website tagging and creating intricate funnels.
- Commercially minded and experience in interpreting data into meaningful information
- Ability to consider analytics from a real customer perspective
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development