HR Business Partner
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your HR knowledge and expertise? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
The key focus of this role is to provide a value added HR Business Partner service to the relevant client group (Head Office) – partnering with leaders to deliver a holistic end to end people support proposition in line with business goals and Selfridges’ Values. Working closely with leaders to identify and implement effective people plans in response to feedback and insights from sources such as the Opinion Survey, and overall people metrics (absence, turnover), and in support of the overall people agenda in areas such as Diversity and Inclusion
The HR Business Partner will work in partnership with the wider HR team – collaborating in particular with specialists from Change, Organisational Design, Employee Relations, Resourcing, Learning and Development, Reward, and HR Shared Services.
This role is critical to developing leadership capability across their relevant client group by providing coaching, guidance and feedback to managers and leaders to support them in maximising the engagement and performance of their team members. As a HR Business Partner, you will:
- Partner with an identified client group across Head Office, building effective relationships with leaders and managers to support them in maximising the engagement and capability of their team
- Facilitate key people activity – such as developing people plans in response to team member feedback from the Opinion Survey
- Work with leaders to drive the people agenda, with a specific focus on creating a more diverse and inclusive workforce
- Facilitate regular Talent Review discussions with leaders and managers to support them in ensuring they have effective succession and development plans across their teams – and are proactively developing their team members as a result of this
- Provide advice, coaching and feedback – challenging where needed – to ensure leaders consistently live Selfridges Values – and bring them to life for their teams
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of our company wide strategy and priorities in order to drive people solutions to mirror this
- Manage discussions in regards to organisational design, and deliver / implement changes as required, working collaboratively with the Employee Relations team
- Lead on Employee Relations cases from time to time in support of the ER team
- Work with other specialist functions such as Learning and Development to identify and deliver effective interventions and solutions (such as team effectiveness workshops)
- Provide advise and guidance to managers on effective communications with their teams – whether on an individual basis or when it comes to sharing key messages with their teams at all levels
A bit about you
- An experienced people manager with a proven skillset in coaching and mentoring and giving feedback – both to your own team members and other managers / leaders
- Proven to have developed and managed excellent client / stakeholder relationships
- Able to confidently challenge and debate with senior leaders
- An excellent communicator – both on an individual and group basis, with examples of having managed / delivered complex and difficult messages
- Experienced in leading on projects – with evidence of project management skills
- Able to operate and work within a fast paced and dynamic environment – with examples of having shown resilience and positivity
- Able to use insight, information and analysis to draw conclusions and suggest strategic responses – specifically in relation to understanding team member feedback through channels such as opinion surveys – and recommending actions to support this
- Able to demonstrate skills in driving collaboration
- Experience and involvement in Org Design would be desired, but not essential
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development