Assistant Marketing Manager
The job has expired.
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of Marketing to take Marketing at Selfridges to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
The Assistant Marketing Manager aim's to surprise, amaze and amuse our customers and make everyone feel welcome by making, telling, and sharing stories.
This role will lead in delivering annual category marketing strategy, with key focus upon marketing planning, stakeholder collaboration and management, driving annual marketing revenue targets
As an Assistant Marketing Manager, you will:
- Collaborate with the Marketing Managers and internal teams/stakeholders on:
- Setting a flexible and validated annual marketing calendar, designed to support business objectives and goals, and strategically planned for our divisions
- Driving the annual marketing calendar. Participate in, and contribute to, brainstorms and discussions (formal and informal) on our marketing strategy, consistently demonstrating the use of evidence, facts, and insights to inform suggestions and rationalise proposed decisions
- Consistently validate our marketing strategy for our campaigns, ensuring clear, rationalised, and measurable objectives, customer targeting, KPIs and validated customer journey(s). Utilise customer research and insights to determine appropriate marketing-mix and vehicles per campaign and continuously demonstrate understanding of both our customer and the divisions that we support
- Help steer briefing of our media agency(ies), ensuring clarity and alignment on business goals per campaign and with an emphasis on testing within planning to optimise campaign effectiveness
- Guide, constructively challenge, and advocate for, well-thought through and validated copy and content per campaign, ensuring outputs are relevant and aligned with broader Selfridges messaging
- Support Marketing Project Management Team with identifying, preventing, and mitigating risks to a campaign - help identify and create resolutions and proactively implement recovery
- Analyse and report on performance data from our campaigns; refine future planning via evaluating performance
- Drive continued clarity and alignment on our marketing planning across key functions/business partners (internal and external)
- Facilitate a 'bottom-up' approach across sustainability planning, ensuring relevant messaging can be integrated through all our marketing deliveries
- Continually research, review and share, changes to the market/business landscape, consumer trends and the activities of competitors, (including any compelling marketing activity); adjusting and developing our marketing plans as necessary
- Steer the building of strategic relationships and partnerships across our brand partner portfolio
- Provide motivation and guidance in driving mutual accountability for successful delivery of FY Marketing Revenue Targets via a customer-centric lens
A bit about you
- Experience and understanding of retail landscape within a Marketing role
- Experience in Paid Marketing
- Analytical Mindset and a strong communicator
- Curious and innovative thinking: Open to new ideas
- Commercial awareness
- Demonstrates initiative and drive: Committed problem-solver
- Persistent, resilient, resourceful, and methodical work style with a ‘can do’ attitude and strong focus upon delivery
- Able to meet targets and take responsibility for own performance
- Capable of developing strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Outstanding organisational skills with strong attention to detail
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development