This job has been closed.
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge and expertise in merchandising? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in merchandising, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As Assistant Merchandiser, you will monitor supplier commitment, make informed and strategic decisions and have the ability to make key recommendations to our team of buyers. You will proactively highlight issues and escalate accordingly to the Merchandiser. You will effectively manage the Allocator and collaboratively work to ensure stock is in the right places at the right time so as to maximize full price sell through. As a key member of the team you will consistently provide weekly, seasonal and ad hoc reporting and analysis. As an Assistant Merchandiser, you will:
- Review stock levels by store with the Allocator’s assistance and make key recommendations
- Oversee the system for re-ordering continuity product
- Maintain and monitor stock levels at the DC and take action where necessary
- Collaborate with Retail Operations regarding any stock queries
- Analyse OTB strategies and make recommendations regarding commitment, escalating all OTB issues to the lead Merchandiser where appropriate
- Forge strong relationships with our brand partners
- Identify stock issues and negotiate stock actions with our suppliers
- Successfully provide weekly, seasonal and ad-hoc reports
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of systems (Retek, Excel, RMS and RPM) so as to effectively assess stock levels
- Proactively identify opportunities for transfer of stock and oversee allocation process
- Oversee model stock and replenishment from the DC
- Assist the Merchandiser in updating and maintaining the WSSI
- Provide tailored FP analysis for buyers, highlighting any key points
- Assist the Merchandiser in the OTB, planning, and phasing process
- Coordinate and manage the sale set up and execution, be the key point of contact for retail operations
- Manage markdown, monitoring stocks into sale with a view of LY and plan
- Manage the RTV process from start to finish
- Manage the Allocator’s workload, priorities and development
A bit about you
- You will be highly organised, methodical and efficient in your approach to working
- You will be highly numerate and analytical
- Systems literate
- You will have strong communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- You will be a team player
- You will have high attention to detail
- You will have the ability to remain calm within a fast-paced ever-changing environment
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development