Click & Collect Consultant
A bit about the role
What is the role?
As a Click & Collect Consultant, you are accountable for giving our customers a first-class experience by delivering an impeccable level of service during the Click and Collect process, whether that is serving a customer directly or collecting items for them from the Click and Collect Stockroom. You will exceed customers’ expectations with great communication skills and building customer relationships while role-modelling the Selfridges Values. You will always need to have up to date and solid knowledge of our products and services for the benefit of our customer all whilst maintaining our high store standards. You’ll take pride in what you do and really care about providing an exceptional customer experience..
As a Sales Associate you will:
- Identify customer needs and consistently meet these expectations, delivering an extraordinary experience for all customers
- Share expert knowledge and passion of other areas within Selfridges to our customers
- Engage clearly, confidently and professionally with all customers, team members and managers
- Handle customer complaints effectively yet compassionately knowing when to refer them to an appropriate member of the management team
- Go over and above to exceed customer expectations at every opportunity, taking the initiative to provide additional services when appropriate
- Provide feedback from customers to the wider team to ensure increased service levels
- Identify maintenance and cleaning issues on the department and take action or escalate issues accordingly
- Ensure that the department is fully compliant with health & safety legislation at all times, and work with the relevant stake holders for support
A bit about you
- A great communicator. You will be able to positively engage with all types of customers (domestic and international) with varying needs and requirements
- Well Informed. You will develop excellent product knowledge by following trends and being aware of our competitor’s activity, along with taking part in supplier training
- Known to be a sales and service expert. You’ll use these skills to deliver the extraordinary each and every time and take the initiative to provide additional services where appropriate
- A proud shopkeeper. It will fall to you to replenish stock, maintain the Selfridges standards and inspire others to deliver the same
- A problem solver. You’ll go above and beyond to resolve issues for our customers and be able to adapt your approach to each individual customer
- Flexible. Responsive to business needs, you are happy and comfortable to take responsibility for tasks that may go beyond the role expectation
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
This guide represents a summary of the role, however all team members are expected to be flexible in the work they undertake, which may change from time to time, according to the needs of the business
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development