Events Assistant FTC (Trafford)
The job has expired.
Selfridges today is more than just the sum of its products - it's a shopping experience that promises to surprise, amaze, and amuse its customers by delivering extraordinary customer experiences. Our people are central to us achieving this.
A bit about the role
We are looking for someone to join our fabulous events team on a temporary basis from October until Christmas Eve.
How you’ll do it:
- Facilitate and support a programme of events and special projects that surprise, amaze and amuse our customers.
- Support with the communication of projects, preparing marketing one pagers and post event reports.
- Communicate effectively across the business, with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a robust network of strong working relationships across the business and externally including partners and suppliers.
- Follow Events processes and adhere to allocated budgets at all times.
- Work closely with the store Assistant Events Manager on a daily basis, taking clear direction and feedback
- Ensure Health and Safety is always considered in every Event.
- Budget support and reconciliation
- Red flag any potential issues
A bit about you
- Ability to network, develop internal / external contacts and excellent working relationships across a diverse range of functions.
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Deliver to deadlines
- Able to influence and gain the trust and respect of people at all levels in a variety of functions
- Able to communicate clearly.
- Confident, determined, and resilient.
- Able to work quickly and accurately
- Able to think on feet / be reactive
- Lateral thinking
- Strong administration skills
- Good at multi-tasking
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development