Are you looking for a role to kickstart your career in Merchandising? Are you searching for a role to complement your love for numbers and analytical skills? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring, and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As Allocator you will:
- Maintain relevant systems (Retek, Excel, Essbase) and attend training to update systems knowledge when required
- Provide weekly, seasonal and ad-hoc analysis for the Buying and Merchandising teams to advise them of risks and opportunities
- Chase suppliers for delivery of orders within the delivery window and assist with booking in at DC where necessary
- Maximise stock availability and stockturn through auto replenishment and allocation
- Oversee the transfer of stock between stores and DC once agreed and ensure that RTV deadlines are met
A bit about you
A bit about you
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to read data trends measuring product performance and identify areas of improvement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites e.g. Excel, Outlook, Word, Teams and PowerPoint
- A great communicator, both verbal and written with an ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of retail environments and an understanding of Merchandising
- Organised and proactive with an ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
This job is a brilliant opportunity to start your career as part of a hardworking team who are incredibly passionate about what they do. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development