Senior Finance Manager – Digital & Customer (15month FTC)
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get involved and use your Finance knowledge to take Finance within Digital & Customer at Selfridges to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As the Senior Finance Manager, you’ll be reporting to the Head of Finance – Digital & Customer and leading the Business Partnership in a few key spaces which include Performance Marketing and Marketing (Digital and Stores), the Customer Lens (Digital and Stores), Digital investment to drive Performance, and our overall Selfridges Strategic Schemes.
This role and its team will lead the provision of high-quality commercial support covering business performance with a Customer and KPI lens and a focus on customer-led initiatives, Performance Marketing and CX related investments. It will also bring clarity and rigour to the financials of the company wide Schemes Strategy and Budgets. Supporting their internal customers and the Head of Finance on all aspects of financial planning, analysis and partnership in decision making in these spaces.
This is a 15-month FTC opportunity.
As a Senior Finance Manager, you will:
- Provide Financial KPI’s and analysis on the relevant aspects of Digital, Marketing, Customer performance and provide a customer lens on trading performance across the business, giving insight into the customer base.
- Support heavily on the presentation / communication of key performance metrics in their space; whether Digital metrics around CX, an overview of customer initiatives, or insight into more detailed budgets like Comms or Social.
- Lead in defining and evolving financials within the growing customer relationship area of the business.
- Embed customer metrics & KPIs into wider financial reporting to ensure the customer is at the heart of everything we do.
- Support in the formation and Delivery of the Selfridges 121 strategy
- Support the organisational planning and forecast process for the Digital & Customer areas, ensuring delivery of the budgets and forecast for the areas the role is responsible for. With suitable review and exec board sign off.
- Understand the key levers that impact profitability of marketing campaigns such as regional profitability or division margin mix, undertaking internal and external benchmarking where relevant to support commercial discussions
- Hold regular cost and profit reviews with budget holders to ensure performance and financial results are understood and representative, with regular reviews with exec owners.
- Ensure accurate and robust capital investment appraisal & authorisation process for CX, supporting with relevant commercial business cases of what can be delivered, and ongoing analysis of achievement against this
- Develop talent within the D&C Finance Team through coaching, fostering teamwork and helping their team members with own their individual development plans.
- Develop the business partnering / advisory role of the finance team to ensure finance has a “seat at the table”, in many forums and with Senior Management.
- Deputise for the Head of Finance as necessary
A bit about you
- CIMA or ACA or ACCA Qualified
- Significant post qualification experience at accountant level
- Ability to influence peers and upwards and assume a leadership role
- Strong planning & analysis skills
- Highly commercial, able to manage the broader perspective, whilst maintaining attention to detail and a ‘can do’ approach.
- Well-developed people management skills with experience of managing, motivating and developing a large team.
- Good working knowledge of financial systems and packages.
- A leader, able to build strong stakeholder relationships in a challenging but collaborative way.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to balance the bigger picture with the fine detail.
- Energetic and self-motivated, able to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own and teams’ workload and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills, uses initiative and proactively seeks creative alternative methods to resolve issues/problems.
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development