Buyers Admin - Beauty (12 Month FTC)
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of Buying to take Buying and Merchandising at Selfridges to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
What is the role?
- As Buyers Admin you will provide administrative support to the Buying teams.
- You will create SKU’s and load orders onto the system, deal with and resolve queries and liaise closely with suppliers.
As Buyers Admin you will:
- Be the first point of contact with suppliers and the warehouse for booking in deliveries, making changes to delivery schedules and order amendments·
- Upload the buyers worksheet and create SKUs in Retek, highlighting areas where Buyers worksheet is incomplete and work with Buyer to improve
- Load orders onto the system correctly as soon as possible after they are received
- Set up and monitor the delivery schedule, checking delivery windows and schedules and highlight problems to Buying team
- Check order confirmation with suppliers, chasing and checking confirmation notes
- Resolve DC queries – for example mismatched delivery note (aim to avoid stock sitting in the DC)
- Update and maintain database with relevant terms e.g. trade/settlement discounts
- Set up accounts for new suppliers
- Keep our In Stock Not Online (ISNOS) to a minimum, flagging areas that are incomplete
A bit about you
How you’ll do it…you will be:
- Organised and proactive. You are able to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
- A problem solver. You are able to apply different ways of thinking in different situations
- A great communicator, both verbal and written. You excel in the relationships you build with stakeholders, able to work across various teams
- A proactive team member. You collaborate with the wider Buying and Merchandising teams
- Pacey, positive and flexible. Responsive to business needs, you are happy and comfortable to take responsibility for your tasks
- All over the numbers. You are analytical and results driven, able to use data to measure performance and identify areas of improvement
- Systems literate. You are proficient in excel, and other Microsoft Office software, with high levels of accuracy
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague