Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of Design to bring the Selfridges unique personality to life? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Designer, to lead and develop Selfridges creative. Based in our London office and reporting into the Head of Design, within the wider Selfridges Multimedia team.
The Senior Designer will concept and deliver innovative and cutting-edge creative across in store and across all channels. We are looking for a highly talented individual, tuned into the latest creative and cultural movements with a broad skillset and strong aesthetic to bring Selfridges unique brand personality to life through their creative concepts.
As the Senior Designer, you will:
- Lead the way with graphic design and brand for Selfridges; enhancing our in store and experiential offering by using your skillset to create compelling and innovative design and content that helps shape and grow our brand
- Develop and create inspiring creative for use across our four stores and all channels
- Work alongside the Design team and collaborate with the wider Digital and Multimedia Creative team on creative campaigns - defining, shaping and realising innovative ideas through graphic design
- Work alongside the graphic, digital, and production teams, a 3D motion Designer and with the wider creative studio, in realising opportunities to enhance our editorial content through strong graphic creative
- Comfortable working on a variable scale of projects - from store guides to scheme campaign creatives and being a brand guardian across all stores and channels
- Collaborate with other areas of the business to support their channels / needs when required
A bit about you
- An interest in culture, media and the arts are a must; being connected and up to date with trends and movements both in and out of the industry, and constantly looking for opportunities for this to inspire your creative
- Experience and high level of skill in typography and creative graphic design in agency / retail setting
- You’ll have a broad, impressive portfolio showing a variety of projects and creative executions, across, print, large format and small scale executions to installations, spatial concepts through to artworking, digital, with strong typographic skills
- You’ll have demonstrative experience in a mid - senior design role, with experience and an appreciation of a collaborative approach through teamwork as well as push and develop ideas independently
- Experience in creating graphics for retail, print, large and small format and digital, ideally with an understanding of motion graphics and immersive experiences for collaboration
- You’ll be used to collaborating with teams, both creative and other areas of business
- Highly competent with the full adobe creative suite, After Effects / C4D knowledge would be a positive, but not essential. Day to day will need to use word, SharePoint, Key note, Power point
- Ability to define and redefine design language and support the Senior Design Manager and Head of Design in evolving our brand into a bench-mark setting design leader.
- Ability to navigate through a complex and fast-paced environment
- Commercially astute. You will be attuned to both the Selfridges brand, its competitors, and the wider retail landscape of fashion, accessories, beauty, home, food and drink.
- You are able translate briefs into creative and commercial objectives, and drive change in a big organisation, with equal emphasis on detailed design and production
- Culturally connected. With a passion for design and a genuine interest in contemporary culture and what’s happening now and next. Your work must speak to the zeitgeist and be able to contribute to both the design and wider cultural conversation
- Proven background in designing high-quality work for premium brands with a strong portfolio showing visual and interactive design work desirable
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development