The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Mechanical & Engineer Project Manager
Job Reference selfridges/TP/147165/2322
This job has been closed.
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to deliver world class environments and spaces through highly professional property project management? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As an M&E Project Manager, you will deliver high value major infrastructure and plant replacement projects that allow the business to both expand the current retail offering and continue sustainably and resiliently into the next phase of Selfridges lifecycle replacements.
This is a critical role in developing the Selfridges brand and environment managing the delivery of projects that are true to brief and deliver against agreed plans. Although some project management skills are critical for this job, the jobholder must also have the ability to review and critique technical designs to ensure their integrity and performance. The role liaises with stakeholders from all areas and levels of the business as well as external service providers and is the primary point of contact for building services associated with small capital and brand churn/concession projects.
The project management of MEP refurbishment works specifically consultants, contractors and their liaison with the business teams affected by such works, ensuring the smooth day to day running of the business, whilst delivering a complete MEP renewal program.
- Produce clear project briefs
- Liaise with all internal and external stakeholders throughout project lifecycle
- Attend brand / concession briefings and act as building services contact
- Producing scopes or work for external consultants and award formal appointments
- Support procurement process and compilation of contract documents
- Effectively manage and report costs
- Monitor, review, and report against time targets
- Ensure projects meet or exceed quality standards
- Manage effective project change control
- Ensure project statutory or mandatory compliance standards
- Ensure internal technical and financial approvals are obtained at appropriate stages
- Assist in the effective management of team resources
- Ensure effective management of project documentation for future retrieval
Managing Project Teams:
- Matrix management of internal resource and external consultants and contractors
- Monitor and manage project team delivery and performance
- Manage change and potential conflicts
- Report project team progress including risks, mitigations, and opportunities
- Procure technical designs using the most effective design partners and methodologies
- Monitor design progress against key milestones
- Assist with formal design sign-off at key gateways
- Encourage design innovation and creativity
- Implement effective project communication plans
- Communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Seek feedback and respond constructively to all forms
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, external parties, and other stakeholders
- Maintain records
- Keep up to date with and manage information technology systems
- Develop and follow applicable internal procedures
Maintain the security, health, and safety of the working environment:
- Minimise and mitigate health and safety risks
- Be fully conversant with fire and emergency procedures
- Implement CDM Milestone process
Business Goals and Values
- Encourage and promote an understanding of the Selfridges Vision, Purpose and values
- Promote Selfridges business goals (People, Planet, Profit) in relation to project activities
- Ensure sustainability is at the heart of all project decisions
A bit about you
- Advanced project management skills
- Delivery of medium/large sized projects (£0.5M-£5M)
- Technical design
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and motivate teams
- Ability to influence and communicate at all levels and areas of the business and with external parties
- Stakeholder management
- Team player
- Understanding of project management principles and practices (Risk, Scheduling, Contingency, Critical Path etc)
- Ability to understand and analyse complex MEP problems
- Goal orientated and action-focused
- Interpersonal skills (communication, motivation and persuasion)
- Drive, enthusiasm, initiative and a willingness to develop
- Methodical and organised
- Facilitator/mediator and able to resolve conflict
- Commercially aware
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree qualified or equivalent technical management experience of at least 5 years in M&E project management, involving but not limited to, the following types: HVAC, HWS, CWS, high and low voltage systems, fire and life safety, drainage installation or replacement
- Experienced to Project Management level capable of delivering multiple projects to time, cost and quality.
- A Project Manager qualification.
- Understanding of retail operations
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development