IT Security Analyst
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of IT Security to help grow our IT team. Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
The Infrastructure Support Team are responsible for maintaining Selfridges IT infrastructure and managing third parties who provide infrastructure services. The role is new to the organisation so operational processes need to be established and matured.
- Security incident response, including identification of infrastructure related security incidents.
- Threat and Vulnerability Analysis
- Maintaining security risk register.
- Organizing regular Penetration and Vulnerability testing with 3rd parties
- Managing security remediation activity, internally and with third parties
- Implementing Data loss Prevention
- Reviewing and approving requests for generic and shared user accounts
- Investigating and Reporting on Data Loss Prevention Alerts
- Investigating and Reporting on Intrusion Detection and Prevention alerts
- Maintaining a robust certificate and key management framework
- Security Audits
A bit about you
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Skilled in problem diagnosis and resolution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer focused
- Ability to work autonomously or collaboratively
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Broad functional and process knowledge
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent business writing, presentation and facilitation skills
- Educated to degree level or similar
- Knowledge of hacking techniques
- Knowledge of encryption technologies
- Knowledge of ITIL v3 and experience of working in an ITIL environment
- Minimum 2 years’ prior experience in a similar role, or experience in running batch jobs using native tools
- Process and Procedure experience (development and implementation)
- Experience of operating with a high level of autonomy and the ability to manage others to ensure delivery to agreed timescales, with a focus on resolution of support issues in a timely manner
- Operational experience of security authentication and entitlement
Essential Product Knowledge:
- MS Windows Operating Systems
- RHEL Operating System
- MS Exchange or O365
- SPAM filter solutions
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- MS Active Directory
- Secure gateway technologies
- Content Filtering Solutions
- Content Delivery Networks
- Vulnerability Management Solutions
- Crowdstrike Endpoint Protection / Microsoft Security Essentials
- Understanding of Security methodologies and countermeasures
- Data Loss Prevention
- Networking and Firewalls
- SIEM and Threat Detection Tooling
- Knowledge of PCI / ISO 27001 / GDPR
Desirable Product Knowledge:
- Checkpoint/ Palo firewalls
- Cisco/HP network equipment
- AWS Cloud Security
- Single Sign On / Multi Factor processes
- Knowledge of PCI
- Hacking techniques
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development