The job has expired.
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get involved in SEO Performance Marketing? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in SEO Performance Marketing as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As an SEO Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the Senior SEO Manager in implementing the onsite and offsite SEO strategy across all product categories and relevant markets, delivering SEO campaigns and initiatives that help drive organic growth.
As SEO Assistant you will:
- Support in executing the SEO strategy in our core markets to drive traffic, revenue and new customer acquisition
- Day-to-day optimisation of our product listing and product detail pages co-ordinating content creation and providing best practice recommendations to improve non-brand organic visibility in SERPs
- Perform keyword research in line with key product launches and seasonal events to identify new opportunities for growth
- Assist in developing content marketing activities to maximise campaign performance
- Provide in depth reporting, analysis and insight to relevant stakeholders, highlighting the story behind actual and forecasted performance
- Work closely with Digital Trade to ensure SEO practises are considered, innovative and effective in their execution
- Build relationships with key internal teams across marketing, external agency and the wider ecommerce business, particularly Editorial, Creative and Trading teams to ensure onsite & offsite strategy is aligned
A bit about you
- A minimum of two year's experience in a dedicated SEO in-house role (in fashion or retail a bonus)
- Passionate about SEO, across technical and content, with good commercial awareness
- Knowledgeable of the fundamental principles of SEO, its purpose and best practice
- Comprehensive in your understanding of recent Google algorithm updates and proactive in maintaining knowledge of industry developments
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn and develop
- Highly competent user of Google Analytics, Search Console, Excel, site crawling tools (e.g. Screaming Frog, Botify, DeepCrawl), SEO insights tools (e.g. Pi Datametrics, BrightEdge, Searchmetrics) and backlink analysis tools (e.g. Majestic, Ahrefs)
- Experience working with Data Studio a bonus
- A great communicator, both verbal and written, with the ability to explain SEO initiatives to stakeholders with varied levels of SEO knowledge
- Open, honest and personable. You excel in the relationships you build with stakeholders and have proven influencing skills
- Organised and proactive. You can manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritise effectively and work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly numerical, analytical and results driven, able to use data to measure performance and identify areas of improvement
- Exceptional attention to detail, you take pride in your work and are thorough in your approach
- Flexible. Responsive to business needs, you are happy and comfortable to take responsibility for tasks that may go beyond the role expectation
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development