Learning and Development Consultant- Clients & Services
The job has expired.
Are you looking for a new challenge in Selfridges that gives you the chance to get creative and use your experience in designing and delivering learning solutions to help take our Clienteling and Service Academy to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Learning and Development, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
The Clienteling and Service Academy sits within our Learning and Development function, which provides Clienteling and service training to upskill our Retail Team Members. Our training solutions empower our team members to help build and maintain excellent client relationships, while maximising digital solutions to offer exceptional customer experiences. Our Clienteling and Service Academy is a pivotal team which forms part of our wider Learning and Development team.
As a Learning & Development Consultant- Clients & Services, you will design and deliver a range of service training programmes to enable Team Members to confidently build and maintain ongoing client relationships. This role will support our Retail Team Members across all of our stores to help drive positive change and successfully embed a Clienteling culture at Selfridges.
You’ll work collaboratively with retail and other stakeholders across the business to coach and develop our team members through blended learning solutions which are aligned to our company values and underpinned by our service expectations.
As Clienteling & Service Consultant- you will:
- Plan and coordinate our Clienteling & Service learning offer to meet business needs and expectations
- Deliver defined structured programmes and learning solutions through excellent facilitation and coaching of individuals and teams in support of our clienteling and service expectations
- Facilitate our learning solutions; keeping our team members and customers at the fore; to further inspire our team members to foster a Clienteling culture
- Design and develop flexible solutions which utilise clienteling and service insight and expertise
- Maximise and promote use of My Workday Learning and use data and insight to drive decision making
- Collaborate within the wider team and with Business stakeholders to deliver seamless, high quality learning experiences across locations and digitally as required
- Support the performance management and talent review process, to promote a learning culture that is centred on clienteling
- Manage costs effectively and ensure confidentiality is maintained in line with GDPR and compliance requirements
- Support the wider people agenda to drive business priorities through taking part and collaborating in cross-functional meetings/projects as appropriate
A bit about you
- Experienced. You will have experience in designing and delivering a range of Learning and Development solutions within a retail environment, with a detailed focus on clienteling and service standards
- Passionate. You will be passionate about driving and enabling our team members development, and feel motivated to deliver meaningful training solutions that will equip our team members to execute our Clienteling service proposition in line with the business goals and expectations.
- Customer centric; our Clienteling and Service Academy supports the training and development of our Team Members to build long lasting and meaningful relationships with our customers; keeping them at the fore of all of our academy learning initiatives
- Experienced in delivering learning and development solutions in digital ways alongside face to face, design would be desirable
- Have a good understanding of each element of the ‘training cycle’.
- Planned and organised in your approach
- A natural facilitator, assured in sharing your knowledge and supporting others to learn, promoting a learning culture that is centred on clienteling
- Commercial and business savvy; you will have a strong understanding of retail within the luxury sphere
- Collaborative, engaging and able to influence others
- Confident in sharing and owning feedback across the team and with delegates where relevant
- Self-starting with a with a high level of resilience and attention to detail
- Able to problem solve to drive results
- Self-aware - knowing own areas of strength and development
- Continuously building your expertise in clienteling, service, design, facilitation, planning and maintenance of Learning spaces and methods
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development