A bit about the role
The Sustainability Administrator will play an integral role in supporting the delivery of Selfridges Project Earth initiatives. Reporting to the Sustainability Manager, you will be managing the administration of Selfridges sustainability projects (from a product perspective).
You will also provide effective support on wider sustainability initiatives such as Ethical Trade, brand engagement and spreading awareness of the 2025 material targets, guidelines and compliance.
- Project Earth labelling
- Owning the Project Earth labelling tracker (for product attribution) and liaising with B&M teams to ensure all eligible product is labelled
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders, such as following up with brands for outstanding labelling forms and answering queries from the various buying teams
- Maintaining master brand list tracker
- Taking a lead on digital - organising and communicating with digital trading team to ensure our online presence is as strong as possible. This includes sending regular WCID list to the digital trading team for online labelling and flagging issues with the edit
- Developing smooth and regular working practice for labelling whereby all teams understand who is responsible for getting product labelled online and what they are required to action
- Support the B&M team (incl. Food teams), Retail Operations, Online, DC and where relevant other departments with the operations of Project earth labelling
- Manage the Graphics/VM process for in-store signage
- Proactively look for brands/products that could be eligible for labelling, both existing in the business and potential brands outside the business.
- Be proactive and supportive with our brands, offering additional support where needed (e.g. calling a brand to talk through our processes)
- Animal guidelines
- Help ensure compliance with existing phase-outs (e.g. fur, exotic skins) through training, updating packs and spot-checks
- Ethical trade and material targets
- Help collate and present information on ethical trade, material targets and other sustainability requests
- Sustainability reporting
- Collate monthly sales and other key sustainability information for monthly dashboard reporting and in summary document for internal circulation.
A bit about you
- Keen interest in sustainability across all categories
- Excellent administration skills with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Organised, confident and able to present to large groups, building strong and professional relationships within the buying office and wider business
- Sustainability-related qualifications (preferred but not essential)
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development