Lead Integration Engineer (Tibco Cloud)
A bit about the role
We are transforming our Selfridges Integration platform and bringing the capabilities in house and have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Engineer (Tibco Cloud) to join our rapidly expanding teams based in our London office.
Your vision and ambition will contribute to shaping our Integration technology and influence our future technical direction. This is not necessarily a hands-on role, but you would have the expertise and experience to challenge and guide our engineering and operations teams.
As Lead Engineer - Tibco Cloud, you will:
- Own the Tibco Cloud platform for both prod and non-prod services across Selfridges technology landscape.
- Organise and lead technical design and high-level scoping sessions while working closely with the team on best ways forward.
- Working closely with other teams especially when working on cross team initiatives.
- Provide functional and technical leadership for the current and future Cloud platforms.
- Learn new technologies and keep abreast of existing Cloud technologies and help introduce them where appropriate.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing best practices and processes as well as track any technical debts and risks.
- Ensure the platform usage is monitored and traffic is kept within the contractual limits as well as any issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Look for areas of improvement across the platform and define the domain strategy in line with the overall Integration Platform strategy.
A bit about you
- Great engineering - It’s so much more than API management. As well as an excellent knowledge of application, you’ll have good design and architectural knowledge.
- Leadership and Coaching - You’re highly proactive, you take ownership of problems and propose solutions. You can mentor and coach all levels of engineering using your knowledge and experience to drive improvements across the team.
- Flexible delivery - you delivery supports both Waterfall and agile methodology, reducing risk and creating a fast feedback loop.
- Willing to support potential out of hours calls.
- Expertise in TCI, Businessworks, Flogo, Mashery APIs, Tibco cloud connectors and Messaging services.
- Having achieved Tibco cloud developer certifications.
- At least one of the last two projects should be on Tibco cloud or Tibco services implementation on public clouds, like Azure or AWS.
- Basic knowledge of cloud services.
- Ability to diagnose problems and come up with solutions and/or workarounds in a fast-paced environment and effectively communicate with business and technical team members in a timely manner.
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development