Stock Operative - Exchange
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to use your knowledge of the business to take Stock Operations to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As a Stock Operative, you will ensure that stock is accounted for in the loading bay and store, allowing the sales team to provide an efficient service to our customers. You will manage the intake and distribution of deliveries and keep paperwork up-to-date, using your initiative to sort out any problems. Working effectively with colleagues to ensure deliveries are received within the correct time frame and unloaded and processed efficiently. This can often be a busy role, where the ability to problem solve and maintain high standards of housekeeping is important, and we’ll expect you to follow safety and security practices at all times.
As a Stock Operative you will:
- Support with organising and prioritising deliveries to ensure these are received and processed on time and delivered to the correct departments in store
- Collaborate with B&M on RTW/RTVs. Supporting the sales team in collecting stock and preparing items to be dispatched, ensuring all items are processed and accounted for
- Keep all records up to date to ensure any stock movements are accounted for
- Maintain a clear loading dock, ensuring all back of house areas and fire exits are kept clear
- Manage the movement of stock between various locations
- Supporting in peak periods with the effective operation of forklift and other machinery
- Regularly communicate with stakeholders to ensure all functions are aware of incoming deliveries and any issues such as delays or deliveries that were not received
- Distribute deliveries to the correct designated areas
A bit about you
- Well organised. You are able to prioritise your workload and understand the importance your role plays in our service proposition, dealing with multiple requests at any given time whilst ensuring all stock is accounted for
- A great communicator. You will work keep your stakeholders informed on workflow and timescales, pre-empting any issues and suggesting solutions
- Collaborative. You will work closely with multiple teams to ensure the safe guarding of stock, prevent loss and ensure product is accounted for at all times and in a sellable condition while being processed through the store
- Adaptable. Ability to work both independently as well as collaborate. You understand the need to shift working priorities due to competing deadlines and changing priorities
- A solutions focused individual with the ability to review ways of working and suggest improvements
- Able to lift and move stock safely and securely
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
This guide represents a summary of the role, however all team members are expected to be flexible in the work they undertake, which may change from time to time, according to the needs of the business
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development