Head of Product Management- Source & Supply
A bit about the role
As the Head of Product Management for the Source & Supply domain, you will be accountable for the overall product development strategy, roadmap, and definition of KPIs that will enable cross functional squads to prioritise and deliver business value, technical change and industry - steering user experiences.
Reporting to the Director of CX, the Head of Product Management will act as the link between the vision and the implementation for Sourcing (Buying, Merchandising & Product Lifecycle management) Supply Chain & Fulfilment, championing the voice of the internal user and thinking of the overall value to the customer, ensuring solutions to problems are valuable, feasible, usable, and viable.
You will work with senior stakeholders across Buying, Merchandising, Supply Chain and Product Lifecycle, as well as the Executive Team to keep the overarching strategy relevant and to define the objectives for a product development area, using their understanding of the market, our competitors and some of the leading tools & technologies driving operational excellence.
The Head of Product Management will build close, collaborative working relationships with business teams, technology teams, UX and Analytics and will know how to own and communicate that vision throughout the organisation.
Comfortable building and guiding teams to deliver, through influence and also by direct line management in a heavily matrixed organisation, you will have a passion for omni channel retail, sourcing, supply chain, tech innovation and world class customer experience.
As Head of Product Management, you will:
- Define the product domain’s strategy, vision, goals and KPIs, working with Senior business stakeholders, The Executive, and the Director of CX to ensure alignment with the overall business and product management strategy
- Recruit a lean product management team for your domain, as well as working with peers in technology, analytics and UX to influence headcount decisions and priorities
- Manage product discoveries to improve internal user and customer experiences and business process and value aligned to goals and KPIs
- Define high level stories (Epics) working with the key business stakeholders to ensure there is a clear understanding of the value of an initiative or request
- Put the customer (and internal user) at the heart of everything, prioritising effectively using data and insights to drive decisions
- Form a key partnership with The Head of Technology in your domain, to ensure alignment and collaboration across solution design, engineering, and initiative delivery
- Form key partnerships with Directors and their teams in B&M and Supply Chain
- Be fluent or comfortable working within a Lean and Agile delivery mindset and methodology, able to influence others to adopt new ways of working
- Be comfortable building a product management from the ground up, with an ability to be both player and coach, as required
- Be a natural collaborator, a champion for simplicity and not afraid to fail fast to learn how best to deliver an amazing customer solution
- Manage a backlog, including defining user stories, acceptance criteria, with a focus on effective prioritisation
- Drive collaboration with technology, UX, business leads and creative teams to deliver market-leading technical and business solutions
- Be the voice of the customer or end user within the development team and articulate product expectations
- Provide an an engaging role in mitigating impediments impacting successful completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Be responsible for UAT & release sign off, ensuring we are delivering quality
- Carry out competitor and market analysis to help inform the backlog
- Be comfortable experimenting to learn with some experience taking part in rapid prototyping or design sprints
A bit about you
A strong ‘player / coach’ with an ability to build a team from scratch, whilst also getting into the detail and shaping your domain’s demand funnel, defining a clear product vision, strategy (product roadmap and prioritised backlog)
Strong leader and team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Experience of managing products through their lifecycle from idea to delivery
Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and to tight deadlines.
A passion for problem solving and creative thinking
A detailed understanding in at least one of the following is preferable - buying & merchandising, product lifecycle, retail supply chain and fulfilment operations
A good understanding of what best in class looks like for retailers in this area (Sourcing, supply and fulfil)
Experience in product management for a multi-brand retailer or in an e commerce environment would be preferable
An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development