Accounts Payable Assistant
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of Accounts Payable to take Finance at Selfridges to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
Based in our Leicester Head Office, the role of Accounts Payable Assistant, is a key position that supports the Accounts Payable team. You will process supplier invoices accurately and to agreed payment terms and deal with any queries generated across the business in a timely manner, building integral relationships along the way.
As an Accounts Payable Assistant, you will:
- Process and match invoices accurately to the relevant receipts within invoice matching ensuring that we maximise payment terms and settlement discounts
- Raise debit notes and write offs as and when required for price/stock variances
- Make every effort to manage supplier expectations, We take responsibility and deliver
- Review supplier statements and maintain the account
- Investigate any supplier requests for non-payment of invoices checking the warehouse database and shortage notifications
- Send POD queries to the warehouse and chase promptly.
- Communicate to suppliers the necessity to receive all invoices and details of any queries directly to the AP team in Leicester
- Ensure regular proof of delivery exercises are conducted to keep the ledgers clean
- Notify Buying of any price discrepancies
- Prioritise order of importance by value, volume or sensitivity of account
- Check supplier account for unmatched invoices or debit notes relating to GRNI and process payments if appropriate.
- Review supplier statements and request any invoices not received, and escalate to Team Leader if not forthcoming
- Be an occasional helpdesk cover
- Post/Email miscellaneous letters, Remittances POD requests etc
A bit about you
- You will have excellent communication skills that will allow you to create and maintain long lasting
- You will be PC literate and have working knowledge of the MS Office Suite
- You will have the ability to organise and prioritise workloads alongside working effectively in a fast paced and pressured environment
- You will be a team player who is willing to offer support wherever required
- You will be motivated in your approach to working and have a positive and pacey working attitude
- You will have obtained GCSE Maths & English
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development